Hella H4 rubber "boot" makes it impossible to attach plug.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That’s the the most recent install without the CM crossover.
I actually like it both ways but this client wanted it strictly Euro.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A strictly euro hi beam stalk turns on all four H1 beams. Replacing two H1 lo beams with two H1 hi beams provides no additional lighting.

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
A strictly euro hi beam stalk turns on all four H1 beams. Replacing two H1 lo beams with two H1 hi beams provides no additional lighting.

Except that your high beams have a less restrictive lens pattern than lows, and you can run bulbs with 2x the watts in the highs. You obviously have all of that with all four on, but by lens pattern alone, highs-only does not equal lows-only, especially with different bulbs.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We are waiting on his replacement stalk- his is USA and sloppy. We want the Euro so he can have the double action with sided street parking.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Except that your high beams have a less restrictive lens pattern than lows, and you can run bulbs with 2x the watts in the highs. You obviously have all of that with all four on, but by lens pattern alone, highs-only does not equal lows-only, especially with different bulbs.

Aha, with such intense H1 highs on the inside headlights the car will appear way narrower than it is, and that is trouble...

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Aha, with such intense H1 highs on the inside headlights the car will appear way narrower than it is, and that is trouble...

Not sure if serious... :D Appear to who? The oncoming traffic already summering from retina damage?

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Would someone point me to the wiring change to go from H4 lows to H1 lows. I get that the city light connection is to the side marker light.
The metal cover does what?
I don't like the H4 lenses on the car. They just don't fit.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
i have 4-h1 's also
and i just another hole for the second wire.
so what i did was wire the low beams by the book and just carry the power lead to the side lights
then wire the high separate from the switch
white wires
yel blue and black blue it thing for lows

Attachments

• w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    389.6 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Would someone point me to the wiring change to go from H4 lows to H1 lows. I get that the city light connection is to the side marker light.
The metal cover does what?
I don't like the H4 lenses on the car. They just don't fit.
Gary, Here is how it's done:

Under dash disconnect white 5 wire harness junction block from hi/lo switch. Pull forward to get access. Remove yellow spade and yellow/white spade which are side by side with a thin screwdriver to release the retaining barb on the spade. Remove old spades and jump them with new spades and a second wire, perhaps blue, from each spade. Reinsert spades in the same positions and connect junction block.

This will turn on the H1 low when Hi is selected, otherwise the Lo beam goes out. Euro coupes have a different hi/lo switch which does this. Yellow is always Lo beam, White is always Hi beam, you wont use the white wires to your new H1 Lo bulb. The metal covers are just a convenient way to attach the spades

Attachments

• plug.jpg
    plug.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 74

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Gary, Here is how it's done:

Under dash disconnect white 5 wire harness junction block from hi/lo switch. Pull forward to get access. Remove yellow spade and yellow/white spade which are side by side with a thin screwdriver to release the retaining barb on the spade. Remove old spades and jump them with new spades and a second wire, perhaps blue, from each spade. Reinsert spades in the same positions and connect junction block.

This will turn on the H1 low when Hi is selected, otherwise the Lo beam goes out. Euro coupes have a different hi/lo switch which does this. Yellow is always Lo beam, White is always Hi beam, you wont use the white wires to your new H1 Lo bulb. The metal covers are just a convenient way to attach the spades
Chris--Your pic shows the yellow and yellow/white wires as the top 2 wires in the junction block. Please show a pic of the way you "jumped" the 2 wires together with a perhaps blue wire. thanks, Drew

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Pull those two wires out, cut off the spades, install new spades on each with a wire between them as well. I think I used the plug on the chassis harness side of the plug, not the switch side, I think.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
OK so I get this?
Take the yellow and yellow/white wire out of the connector. Cut off the spade connectors and put new ones on with the addition of a wire connecting the yellow and yellow/white wires together then put back in the connector? So jumping the two wires together?
What happens at the headlights? Just use the yellow wire for both low and high?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
OK so I get this?
Take the yellow and yellow/white wire out of the connector. Cut off the spade connectors and put new ones on with the addition of a wire connecting the yellow and yellow/white wires together then put back in the connector? So jumping the two wires together?
You got it right. Once jumped selecting Hi beam will continue to illuminate the H1 Lo beam.

Leave yellow on the Lo H1, white on the high H1, tape off or remove the white wire that went to the H4 Lo beam.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You got it right. Once jumped selecting Hi beam will continue to illuminate the H1 Lo beam.

Leave yellow on the Lo H1, white on the high H1, tape off or remove the white wire that went to the H4 Lo beam.
OK so I get this?

You will need “tabbed” spade connectors to do the job right...

Belmetric carries them

Product 28/32
Previous

Return to the Product List

Next
E922 - Uninsulated Female Spade With Tab
E922 - Uninsulated Female Spade With Tab

Pricing:
$0.35

BUY IN BULK AND SAVE
1-24
$0.35
25-99
$0.30
100+
$0.23
Discount Calculated In Cart​

1/4" Female spade, non-insulated electrical connector with locking tab.

For use with 22-16 gauge wire
Spade size: 1/4" or 6.3mm

The locking tab holds the connector in place when installed in a relay block or electrical harness. Features the original European double crimp.