Hello from Sweden!

CSLeif

Reaction score
Hi!
Thanks for accepting me on this forum.
BMW owner now and then since 1984 then i bought my first a -72 e9 3,0 CS,
Had a 2,5 cs for a short time also.
In 2018 i bought my 3`rd e9,it`s one of this carburetted csl sold new to Italy,big project but a sound base.
Thanks!
Leif

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome @CSLeif! Great history of e9’s! I look forward to your contributions.

I am targeting a carb CSL tribute. Selfishly. I look
forward to pictures! I would particularly like to see the interior. For instance, do you have a map light? If so is it in the glove box or on the dash. Pictures of the map light switch base and shade would also be helpful. Most vintage butlers map lights on the market are not correct for the carb CSL.

Also interested to see if the scheel sears have the cover between the door jamb and the seat base.

Lastly, the front struts are different on a carb CSL. A friend and I are working on the parts to rebuild them, and modify the later struts to match the motorsport-style carb units. Honestly I could use some measurements.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
quite the find Leif ... congratulations!!! welcome to the forum. if it is a big project, you should start a thread on the restoration

CSLeif

Reaction score
Welcome @CSLeif! Great history of e9’s! I look forward to your contributions.

I am targeting a carb CSL tribute. Selfishly. I look
forward to pictures! I would particularly like to see the interior. For instance, do you have a map light? If so is it in the glove box or on the dash. Pictures of the map light switch base and shade would also be helpful. Most vintage butlers map lights on the market are not correct for the carb CSL.

Also interested to see if the scheel sears have the cover between the door jamb and the seat base.

Lastly, the front struts are different on a carb CSL. A friend and I are working on the parts to rebuild them, and modify the later struts to match the motorsport-style carb units. Honestly I could use some measurements.
Hi Markos!
Map light on dash,no cover between seat and sill,up-side down inserts front and up-side down dampers rear.
This is the config,on my car can`t say this is for all carb,earlier has for instance map light in glove box.
God luck with your tribute.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Markos!
Map light on dash,no cover between seat and sill,up-side down inserts front and up-side down dampers rear.
This is the config,on my car can`t say this is for all carb,earlier has for instance map light in glove box.
God luck with your tribute.

Thanks @CSLeif! I didn’t realize that the rears were inverted. I’ll dig into that later. :D I’ll PM
you later as I dig in! ;)

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Welcome Leif, to the forum ...looking forward to your resto up dates, photos etc, on your rare Carb csl purchase , great purchase