Hello from the Netherlands

Emilio

Reaction score
Hello fellow e9 fanatics. After lurking on this forum for quite a few years, I finally took the time to register. This forum is a real treasure of information and expertise. Already read and learned a lot from here.

So, hereby I present my/our granatrot BMW 3.0cs. My father saved the car from the scrapyard in the 90s. I've been in love with the car ever since. Back then I was just a little kid, but I always watched him working on the car.

Unfortunately he became very sick a few years ago and is unable to drive anymore. And so he passed it on to me.

It's fitted with a m90b35 engine and has a custom made wooden dashboard and center console. It's also bi-fuel running on either gasoline or LPG
20211015_133057.jpg

SDC10674.JPG.jpg

20211015_133621.jpg

SDC10637.JPG.jpg

Last edited:

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hello fellow e9 fanatics. After lurking on this forum for quite a few years, I finally took the time to register. This forum is a real treasure of information and expertise. Already read and learned a lot from here.

So, hereby I present my/our granatrot BMW 3.0cs. My father saved the car from the scrapyard in the 90s. I've been in love with the car ever since. Back then I was just a little kid, but I always watched him working on the car.

Unfortunately he became very sick a few years ago and is unable to drive anymore. And so he passed it on to me.

It's fitted with a m90b35 engine and has a custom made wooden dashboard and center console. It's also bi-fuel running on either gasoline or LPG
Welcome to the forum! Yes you can learn here from insurance to Covid, and we have no trolls pushing disinformation.
It is a beautiful car, plus I envy you the M90.
The wood rail is a nice touch never seen in LHD. The white interior, the fog lights, and also runs on LPG!

The details for you, as the new owner, to tackle are:
1) No wind deflector on passenger side wipers (I know your country is very windy.)
2) Black sticker behind the false vent side grills.
3) You cannot match and M90 with and automatic! It is like a meal of Big Macs with champagne. Time to do a 5-speed
manual.
4) No steering wheel plastic cover. A wooden Nardi or a leather Alpina perhaps?

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Beautiful color!
Along with Arde's comments, the roofline would look better without that plastic wind deflector. Pop-up aluminum wind deflector that deploys when you open the roof are available.
Love the understated fog/driving lamps!

Emilio

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Yes you can learn here from insurance to Covid, and we have no trolls pushing disinformation.
It is a beautiful car, plus I envy you the M90.
The wood rail is a nice touch never seen in LHD. The white interior, the fog lights, and also runs on LPG!

The details for you, as the new owner, to tackle are:
1) No wind deflector on passenger side wipers (I know your country is very windy.)
2) Black sticker behind the false vent side grills.
3) You cannot match and M90 with and automatic! It is like a meal of Big Macs with champagne. Time to do a 5-speed
manual.
4) No steering wheel plastic cover. A wooden Nardi or a leather Alpina perhaps?
Thnx for your input. I'll look into your suggestions. Are stickers behind the side grills a factory standard? I've seen both with and without.

Emilio

Reaction score
Beautiful color!
Along with Arde's comments, the roofline would look better without that plastic wind deflector. Pop-up aluminum wind deflector that deploys when you open the roof are available.
Love the understated fog/driving lamps!
Yes Granatrot looks amazing. The aluminum wind deflectors are cool indeed. Very rare to come by

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thnx for your input. I'll look into your suggestions. Are stickers behind the side grills a factory standard? I've seen both with and without.
They are.
Without sticker is when a car is repainted and the shop has no clue...

Henny

Reaction score
Hi Emilio,

Welkom met deze mooie E9 op dit uitstekende forum. En wie weet komen we elkaar ergens tegen op de nederlandse wegen.

Groeten Henny