Help on availability and prices

inovermyhead

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently bought a modern classic to compliment my coupe, a 2003 e46 330ci and looking to upgrade the brakes before anything else ...

So there is a brake conversion that uses the six pot Brembo Calipers from the 135 with a bracket made by a US company that allows the fronts to fit, the rears are straight bolt up. The calipers are rare(read expensive) here so I’m looking for some help to find some in the US, just don’t know where to start, can anybody help and point me in the right direction.

Cheers. John

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Why don't you look for M3 version for the brakes. I think it's a bolt up but not positive. I have an 01 E46 M3 and it has great brakes and lots of pad selections. Just saying......

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I miss my e46 M3. Braking was never a concern but not sure how easy to convert to stock e46. I know a lot of the suspension is the same because I had to replace most of it on my car. (Damaged)

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I don’t know enough about the different US 135 series packages & years to know which had the Brembos, but there’s an app called GetUsedParts that’s much easier to use than the old parts interchange system in the US. Looks like quite a few 1M calipers out there and not as many 135s for some reason. Either way, looks like they go for about $90-$150US per side from the junk yards.

inovermyhead

Reaction score
Thanks guys for your replies, looks like by the time I factor in conversion rate and shipping/ duties they would work out to be about the same price as here. Leaning towards leaving them standard except for upgrading the pads with some EBC Green stuff replacements.

Cheers John

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
You plan on tracking this car? Adding another 100+HP?

Not sure the point on going with a BBK on a stock non-M3 E46.