help: original colour of the rocker lower panel

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
hi

i don´t know if the name is correct, let me explain

i would like to know which is the original colour of the piece of sheet metal that lays under the door and lateral of the car between the two wheel arches, it is a long piece of metal which section is "C" shape, and in which a long chrome moulding is mounted

i want to know if originally is painted in black or it came in the colour of the rest of the car

thanks for your help

Dibujo.jpg

The metal rocker cover is textured black semi gloss/satin, the plastic insert that snaps into the cover that holds the chrome piece is also black.

Outer rocker cover?

Correct coating is: a textured black rubberized coating applied on the exposed exterior surface. Also, if applied over a rust resistant coating this double coating will enhance its life expectancy from rust damage. From long term experience with these cars--a similar waterproof coating applied to the inner side that goes against the body proper, but without the rubberized coating, will prevent or minimize future rust out issues outer rockers are noted for. Rust out is largely due to silt and salts being driven behind and between the outer rocker cover and inner body structural rockers that is entrapped. Then when wetted from rain or washing it becomes a potent point of corrosion at the front section of about 10-12" and the rear for about 8-9". Original factory parts were not as well protected as I have just recommended.

The texturized rubberized coating is similar to the textured "rock guard" flexible coating that should appear on the front valance under the bumper, under the lower rear fenders/wings below the bumper centerline and continuing around on the rear valance--all of these applications were then painted body color.

Last edited:
Back