Help saving pictures from website (might be Pinterest related)

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Can someone more computer savvy than me save all the pictures to this car on a link that I can download and copy the pictures from? I think it is because I don't belong to Pinterest. It won't let me right click and save.

I want to save it for posterity, this is such an incredible car that someone took the effort to save a 2800 like this over the years, it is really mind blowing.

http://classicshowcase.com/gallery/BMW69-713/

Thanks for any help.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You can take a screen shot on your computer of each slide. Usually a keystroke combo, for example on my Mac, the keys are is shift-command-3 and it saves it to the desktop as a jpeg file.

If you still need help I can do it for you and upload.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Its common to use Javascript to disable features. Search how to disable Javascript on the browser you're using and see if that works...

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
See all you smart guys out there. Thanks for all the suggestions. I don't really want the screenshots although good last alternative. I'll try what you said Dan if I can find that. I'll try on my home computer first. May not allow me to turn that stuff off at work. The last suggestion it just pulls up the first picture of the car. Maybe I don't understand what you are saying by changing the numbers. Thanks though. Are you guys having same issue?

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
While I have your guys attention on this car. Has anyone seen the skid plate of sorts, the black metal or plastic (guessing plastic) that attaches under front lip and surrounds tow hooks? And I don't think anyone on here knows who bought this car do you? It was bought two towns away from me on the coast here in Oceanside. I am sick that I noticed it after it sold. I would have paid those sales guys to let me shoot endless detailed pictures of this car although there are a lot of nice quality photos still available on their site. Just need to save in case this site goes away somehow. And thanks for your offer Steve, worse comes to worse I can screen shot all of them, then crop or something.

UPDATE: NilSh - I just figured out what you were talking about, just change extension, yes that works, thanks a bunch! Duh!

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
While I have your guys attention on this car. Has anyone seen the skid plate of sorts, the black metal or plastic (guessing plastic) that attaches under front lip and surrounds tow hooks?

I have one of undercarriage panels for the 2800 and the coupe BNIB waiting for install.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Great example of the underside without undercoating and with the body color overspray on the khaki/olive/whatever primer coat. The 2800 badge on grille is too high so it has been modified. :)

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm using Chrome and I'm able to right click each photo and then click on "save image as..." to save each photo. It doesn't work for you?

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No I was using Chrome too but changing extension each time worked. Might be something to do with my work security on computer. But I figured it out thanks. Grill badge too high hugh? Throw it back! :)

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
@NilsH. Nice trick to get the jpg locations. What was your method to find these? I'd like to do that with other sites that behave this way... Generally use either Chrome or Firefox browser.
Thanks!
Paul

NilsH

Site Donor
Reaction score
@twistinglane. I just took a look at the webpage's source code (CTRL+U in Internet Explorer) and searched for jpg. Sometimes it works to do it like that unless the creator has tried to hide or obfuscate the code :)