Help with Becker Europa - replacement lights

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi guys - I picked up a 75 Becker Europa II Stereo and one of the lights behind the dial is out. I've read multiple sites and downloaded the manual.

The issue is the black indicator light holder wont pop out to change the bulbs. Did everything per instructions and manual and the plate still won't come out after loosening the screw on the left ( circled)
20221213_210157.jpg

Anyone have any tricks?

Unfortunately, those bulbs have a base. The bulbs in the indicator light are wedge style. Heres a pic
bulb_01.jpg

Thanks - found similar on Amazon after some wordsmithing on the search terms... I'll update if they work or not!

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but it looks like you've found your answers. Looking forward to hearing if the Amazon bulb works, btw.

I have one of these as well and it has a very faded frequency indicator/pointer. Yours looks to be a bit faded on the front compared to the top of the indicator that where it wasn't exposed to as much sun. Mine is so faded that it's actually pretty difficult to see.

I was curious if anyone has freshened these pointers up with some new orange paint? If so, what did you use?

Thanks,
Dan

Found similar on Amazon...not sure if they are the correct spec for your application
Massoud can refurb these radios and has everything you could possibly need.

Thanks. Radio plays great through both channels. Doesn't need anything aside from the bulbs. I'll see if he has the correct light bulbs..

Back