Help with this riddle...

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
After disassembling my front seats for a thorough cleaning I came across a couple of things that I thought others may have also run into:

1. The smaller of the two seat rails (without the circular notches for seat adjustment) have a strange logo stamped into the metal. Its a pair of wings running through a tire with the initials C.P.H. Any idea what this means?

2. The passenger seat rails have shorter metal "stop" brackets than the driver's seat, and, on both seats, only the seat rail with the circular notches has a gray plastic end cap.

I'm just wondering if this all came down to whomever assembled the seats, or is there a method behind the madness?

Thanks.

Malc

Reaction score
In answer to question 1 I suspect the logo and letter are related to a 3rd party supplier of parts. Who they are I don't know but I am sure an internet search would work.

As to number 2 Is the cap on the Outside rail or the inside rail? I can't remember it's such a long time since I took the seats out of the bucket, In fact I don't remember any plastic end cap! :roll:
From what I recollect one rail's end is exposed towards the rear, so it maybe a "safety" feature to stop the seatbelt getting damaged/tangled up or to "protect" the passengers shoes whilst entering and exiting the rear seats.

Malc

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Malc. The logo is so familiar, almost like the Indy 500 logo but not quite...

Re: the rails, the plastic cap is only on the outer (door facing) side. It seems to me it could also be a finishing cap, intended to hide the raw edge of the metal extrusion...

Len

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
seat rails & plastic caps

sounds as if your driver side seat rails have been replaced with after market bits--what was the height of the PO?--that may be the answer as to why.

The plastic caps were stock on the rails F & R as you two have speculated--protection & protection--usually lost or not replaced the first time a seat is removed for whatever reason--as was the case in the BLUMAX--seem to recall seeing one or two or more in my misc. hardware parts container

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
I suppose its possible Murray, but the driver's side seat rails match the passenger side in terms of the kind of metal used; its pretty apparent that the grease (what's left of it) is even original on all the rails...