"Home made" Carpet

Laldog

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm not too thrilled with the large amount of small pieces that make up available carpet sets.

It would seem that better use of adhesives and a more creative approach would yield better results (with less visible seams, etc and maybe a thicker, plush carpet))

Has anyone cut their own carpet set and have any tips, cautions, etc before I venture ouit on this??

Thanks.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
There is a person that makes high quality carpet kits for 2002's and has very good prices (Esty, for those of you on the 2002 board). She's making a kit for me right now and showed interest in making kits for coupes, although she wants to use a coupe to custom fit all the pieces so they look their best. She lives in the Memphis area but isn't quite ready to do it yet. I'll keep you informed or get her to pay us a visit here... :cool:

Dan

jmackro

Reaction score
In addition to the pattern used to shape the pieces, another issue is the carpet's material/color. When replacing the carpets in my '70 2800 a couple years back I learned that the original blue/grey carpet (first picture below) is NLA. Surprisingly, with all the automotive carpet colors and weaves made in this world, my upholsterer and I couldn't find anything similar. We ended up using a solid blue carpet (second picture below) which looks great, but certainly doesn't look original.

Attachments

• carpet sample.jpg
    carpet sample.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 206
  • CS interior 07282009 001.jpg
    CS interior 07282009 001.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:

61porsche

Reaction score
I understand the Jaymic has one of the original type carpets they advertise for 2002s. Cream and Black?

Perhaps the euro members can chime in and enlighten us as to a source?:-D

It would also be good to know if anyone has found the csl carpet.

Stefan

Reaction score
csl carpet

I'm also curious about the lightweight CSL carpet.

Anyone got a closeup picture of the original?

Shawn

Reaction score
I had very good luck with GAHH for my interior kits. My leather interior and carpet set seemed original in color and style, especially the German loop carpet sets.

The link below should take you to the color options for the carpet sets:

http://www.gahh.net/smp-v20-c13b.php

Thanks,

Shawn

Stefan

Reaction score
carpet issues

For sure is the blue/grey carpet like in jmackro's lifelike picture very hard to reproduce! :)

I tried to get a nice closeup pic of the carpet source I got what I think is similar to csl carpet, but the digital result was far from what I see in irl....