Hood won't stay up - '72 Bavaria

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, I knew when I purchased my 72 Bavaria in May the hood would not stay up. I did some research and found there were two "cam lobes"? at either end of the tube mounted on the front end of the hood. The two hinges are attached to either end of the hood tube.

I managed to find the parts, the car is off to the body shop the day after Christmas. But now I can't find the parts. I have searched everywhere three times over. No luck. Went to Realoem where I believe I purchased them back in May.

Now I can't find the parts I need. Is anyone familiar with my dilemma, the parts and a source?

Thanks,

Steve ONeill

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
2002 mounts will work in pairs. They're very slightly different in shape but work fine. I used some off of a '74.

Frederick

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, I knew when I purchased my 72 Bavaria in May the hood would not stay up. I did some research and found there were two "cam lobes"? at either end of the tube mounted on the front end of the hood. The two hinges are attached to either end of the hood tube.

I managed to find the parts, the car is off to the body shop the day after Christmas. But now I can't find the parts. I have searched everywhere three times over. No luck. Went to Realoem where I believe I purchased them back in May.

Now I can't find the parts I need. Is anyone familiar with my dilemma, the parts and a source?

Thanks,

Steve ONeill
google: They are available.

Support Bracket - BMW (41-61-1-802-203)​

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks, Frederick. A few days ago I bought a pair from a member who thought he could use them on his e9. Of course when i was emptying the trunk this morning there they were, still in the plastic parts bag. Well, at least one set should fit. Problem solved. Thanks.