How do you replace the rubber squeegee on the front windows?

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The front window squeegee is part of the long chrome assembly which includes the felt against which the outer part of the window slides down.

IMG_9960.jpg

I want to replace that rubber with a new part from WN ("Chrome sill seal to glass" - 51 21 1 813 195) but it looks like it is squeezed in a grooved gutter that is part of the chrome section.
The felt part is on a separate U channel that squeezes on top of all that so it is relatively easy to remove and update. Not so the rubber part...

IMG_9958.jpg IMG_9957.jpg

I suppose I could pry the old rubber out but I can't see how the new one would go back in since it is a pretty tight fit. I am guessing that sliding it in from one side all the way to the other would be near impossible since it would likely bog down half way. And pushing it in from the top does not seem likely to work too well. Is there a better method?

Thank you

You need to lubricate it well and work it in with a plastic tool. Leave it a bit long but not sticking out as it will eventually shrink

The front window squeegee is part of the long chrome assembly which includes the felt against which the outer part of the window slides down.

View attachment 146548

I want to replace that rubber with a new part from WN ("Chrome sill seal to glass" - 51 21 1 813 195) but it looks like it is squeezed in a grooved gutter that is part of the chrome section.
The felt part is on a separate U channel that squeezes on top of all that so it is relatively easy to remove and update. Not so the rubber part...

View attachment 146549 View attachment 146550

I suppose I could pry the old rubber out but I can't see how the new one would go back in since it is a pretty tight fit. I am guessing that sliding it in from one side all the way to the other would be near impossible since it would likely bog down half way. And pushing it in from the top does not seem likely to work too well. Is there a better method?

Thank you

did this some time ago, here my experience,
pry out the old
clean all the dirt and old rubber residues from chanel, this is extremely important
make a very small hole in one end of the thick part of the rubber, place a thin string there to pull from the other side while sliding it in
soak new rubber in glycerine oil, not vaseline, glycerine
slide new in by pulling the string/pushing the other end

Last edited:
Back