How often to do drive your coupe?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Coupe usage

Mine gets out every Saturday for Cars & Cofee with our fellow OC coupe and 02 owners in Irvine (Murray, Paul, Tom, Ron, Andy). It also makes it up to Monterey for the Historics at Laguna Seca, this year my wife tagged along and we had a splendid time together. You can't beat the drive up Highway 1.

Roger S

Reaction score
iconoclast6 said:
Here in NY... Needless to say, I'll be psyched at the prospect of seeing more of the East Coast Coupsters (JJ, Stan,Stefan, etc.)

LimeRock '08 had 6 of us...so we've got a lot to look forward to.

Be well.

Chuck, one name, word or location - CAPTREE on Long Island. It might be the closest thing we have to "Cars and Coffee." I promise to get one of the coupes out this Summer.

It would be nice to have a strong representation of e9s to show up the American muscle, Ferrari and Lambo guys. Besides, you got one of the biggest trophies ever at the Orchard Beach show. It wasn't all that bad! I promise to leave my my point and steer at home. Lol!

nealf

Reaction score
Not much between November and March/April

They salted the roads pretty early here in Philadelphia, so I have not driven my coupe since 11/01/08. Actually, a friend took my car at the rnd of this drive and I have not seen it since...he says it is in a heated warehouse but who knows....

61e5dcc1ed806a7f200c1545393b73e9.jpg

nf
'70 2800CS
'72 Tii
'73 2002

iconoclast6

Reaction score
Hi Roger,

you wrote:
"one name, word or location - CAPTREE on Long Island. It might be the closest thing we have to "Cars and Coffee." I promise to get one of the coupes out this Summer"

The reason I didn't mention either of your coupes is that I don't want raise my expectation, and there put more pressure on your already extraordinary attention to performance and aesthetic detail. Simply put,
I'll believe in the dreams I've seen when you actually deem them appropriate for the road. My take is that you don't rush a work of art.

Of course, Captree will be a great venue.....

Chuck

sirshorty

Reaction score
how often i drive my coupe

Hi Everyone,
it's been a while since i've posted but i drive my coupe in NYC several times a week although once the salt comes out i switch to my 76 2002 known as "old rusty blue" too far gone to restore but still cool enough to roll through the winters until the end! would love to join you tri state guys on a ride once the winter is over. I'm sad pierre is gone as well. Any new mechanic recomendations wouldalso be great! happy new year!
cheers,
Sir Shorty

73 csa
76 2002a
69mb 280sl

psychrunner

Reaction score
Drivin the csi

Good to a see a thread started by you John. I drive mine at least once a week here in the Old Dominion. Generally try to take it out at least once on a weekend for a short cruise around Chesapeake/Va. Beach area. Somedays will drive it the 4 or so miles to my office.
Randy

G

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't get the opportunity to drive mine much either.Its.locked up for 6 months of the year ."Canadian winter". ..I sneak her out on Sundays for a quick sprint while the kids nap,usually with sunroof and all windows open 8) ,loud music big smile on my face..Until my cell rings..... :shock: .''Where are you " That's when I turn around head back home and park her back in the bat cave.
Its pretty much a Sunday driver garage queen...For this very reason I sometimes consider putting it up for sale.

orig.jpg
[/img]

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
very nice coupe!
I have the same feeling about sometimes wanting to sell. I almost sold mine 2 years ago but the buyer backed out and since then I thank my lucky stars. I enjoy the coupe more and more each year