How to launch 54 satellites into space and come back to earth in less than 20 minutes

That is some crazy stuff!

I have this love/hate thing with Elon. One one hand, his companies would probably be better in a lot of ways without his overpromising, politics, distractions like Twitter, his unawareness of his impact on others, etc, but who else could be currently producing 2,000,000 pretty good electric cars/year, and doing rockets better than NASA? I guess I have to take the bad with the good. I just wish he would recognize some of the bad and act on it.

It took longer to sit through that 2:30 SpaceX bumper than it did to launch the sats. I agree w/ all said about Elon.

Is it just me or does a room full of off-the-shelf PCs/monitors on Costco tables remove some of the luster as compared to the old Houston Mission Control photos? More economical for sure and a testament to the computing power at our fingertips but....

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 1.05.33 PM.png

missonControl.jpg

Haha, yes. I guess it was a live broadcast so they were waiting for video signal to be available . You have to scroll past 2 minutes or so for it to start

Is it just me or does a room full of off-the-shelf PCs/monitors on Costco tables remove some of the luster as compared to the old Houston Mission Control photos? More economical for sure and a testament to the computing power at our fingertips but....
The least Elnon could have done was issued the launch crew white short sleeve shirts and solid color ties. :). Oh, and insisted on crew cuts for all.

Last edited:
The least Elnon could have done was issued the launch crew white short sleeve shirts and solid color ties. :). Oh, and insisted on crew cuts for all.
Now if it had been L. Ron instead of Elnon in charge, he would have had no hesitation to enforce that rule on his disciples/slaves…

Last edited:
Well I was reading about Tesla's success in China and that has to go to Musk's credit. Not trivial to pull that off. And today he stepped into Twitter firing the CEO and other top execs. Long overdue, just like Jack Dorsey getting a haircut :).
Musk's support for Ukraine internet access has been also instrumental, and it was free up until two weeks ago...
Nobody is perfect but his balance is net positive in my book. Oh, and my wife has a few Tesla shares in her 401k...

Back