How to shoehorn a m106 torbo lump into a e9

pj

Reaction score
Ok
I have the engine , turbo, harness ecu etc. i have the e9 now how the hell do I make it all fit. Any answers?

PJ

The only places you should have any interference are the brake booster (a tii booster will solve that) and possibly on the exhaust side -- you might need to shim up the motor mount to avoid the turbo making contact with the frame rail.

What year engine? I'm slowly rebuilding my '85 M106, and working on a L-jet manifold hybrid for the CSi look. That's the nice thing about the koope -- my wife forbids me to sell it, so I don't have to hurry through projects... :p

tony
I also want to use the l-jet log, the big ol motronic one is hella ugly so let me know how your doing this maybe we can get on the same timeframe

Take care

PJ

PJ, I have an '83 745i sitting at work with the same thing in mind. This is cool. Hurry up and finish putting that beast together so you can tell me how to do mine. ;-)

The frame rails are one inch narrower than the 7-series if I remember correctly, but the same width as the e28 5-series. I've seen a couple e28's with the conversion and it looks tight but not as bad as I thought. It's exciting to think about, but waaay down my list.

Dan

How's that Megasquirt coming?

Barry

Slowly. I have gathered all the EDIS parts except a 36-1 wheel. The day I went to the U-Pull-It I was fogged on cold medicine, and forgot about half the tools I needed... :lol:

Back