Hub Cap Removal Tool

E3_UK

Reaction score
I have E9 alloys fitted to my E3 and was wondering if the E9 had a specific tool in the kit for prising off the hub caps ?. I have fashioned a tool for this but would be nice to have the correct tool in the kit for this.

Look out for this type.....

1B7E01C1-6832-44FD-BD45-ADF239CCDEEE.jpeg

Ok so it's the bit on the end of the wheelbrace ?, never realised that (should have checked the handbook ofcourse), thanks, I have the original tool kit so this is present.

...If you don't know...dont let anyone at a tire shop put them back on for you...they will bonk them with the inside of their palm and dent them (almost impossible to correct without leaving evidence of the action..) Alway try to use equal pressure around that (less vulnerable..) outside edge. Take them off at home and put them back on at home.

Thanks. I NEVER allow tire shops to take wheels off any of my cars. Too often I see them ramming jacks below cars without looking where they're placing them, sometimes just pushing up the floor pans. I always just take the wheels in if I need to, don't trust them at all.

Back