I love my E3

AbnMike

Reaction score
I just wanted to post on how much I love the Euro-spec E3 that I bought from Gordon a few months ago. I use it as my daily driver to and from work (only 6 miles on a deserted 2 lane road, but still) but have run it up to Julian, CA from Imperial Beach a few times, ran it up to Bimmerfest last weekend, etc.

It is by far one of the best driving older cars I've ever had. The only issue is that the heater core started leaking but given that it is original, and 42 years old, that's not anything that upsets me.

I blew up to Julian yesterday from 0' elevation to 4000' elevation in about an hour. Cruised I-8 and passed everyone on the road, some of them twice after I stopped for gas. On the extremely twisty Hwy 79 from I-8 to Julian I carved those corners like a Thanksgiving turkey, a couple drivers even pulled over to let me pass.

Starts every day, runs every day, looks great, gets thumbs up, etc, etc. My girlfriend has a 2003 3-series and much prefers riding in mine to taking hers.

I don't know when "collectors" will finally glom onto these like they have the E9 but I suspect when that happens the prices will go through the roof as it seems there are far fewer of them in existence than E9s. At Bimmerfest mine was the only one I saw there.

Just a general thumbs up to the car itself. Great purchase and so glad I decided on it over an Alfa GTV 2000.

Mike Goble

Reaction score
My Bav has been my daily driver, with the emphasis on driver, for about 7 years now. It's a wonderful car, never left me stranded. I even drove from San Diego to San Francisco with about 2/3 of my guibo missing.

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
+1 for the love fest. I've had the Bav for 1 year and really enjoy driving it nearly every day on the short commute to work. When purchased I swore I would just drive it and not touch it...I expect to be pulling the motor soon to detail the engine compartment and install the MS EFI system. Next will be interior refurb, chasis and trunk paint...then comes new paint...just can't help it.