I must be mad ....

EggUK

Reaction score
Found my first E9, a 1974 RHD Csi.

Should be taking delivery shortly, and I'm eager to get started. A long slow process I know, I hope to do as much as I can myself, think it might well be a steep learning curve.

NHTwDAvv

6ducc1IX

The golf yellow is not the original color, and personally not my first choice. Original was in fjord blue.

I can see a lot of work ahead, not moved in a while, amazingly the engine runs, and sounds pretty healthy, a refresh will of course be undertaken whilst its out the body.

Better now start building my collection of spares, replacements and new panels.

Can't wait !!

Last edited:

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like you will have your hands full a couple of years ahead! Hard to tell from the pictures, but seems to be in quite the same condition mine was when I started.

Is there a lot of rust? I can see some on the left front fender/door.

Original resto or restomod? We want alot of pictures when it's delivered. :)

Good luck!

EggUK

Reaction score
I'd say its probably pretty typical for a UK car of it's age, hopefully I will get some more photo's tomorrow.

I know the front driver's side has a whole in the floor pan for starters. Theres rust, as always, and seems to be in all the usual places, and most likely a few new ones.

I've a 1976 E3 3.0si that might well be going some way to help fund this project .... We shall see.

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
Good to see another RHD csi being saved ....rarer than csl's from what stats show (allegedly). Lots of people to hold your hand along the way with rebuild process .Cheers,Simon

EggUK

Reaction score
Now that´s what I call bad news... :)

Lol ... I'm expecting the worst, anything better is a bonus :D

Aussie, definetely, and by a fair way as I understand it.

I might yet decide to sell my 1976 E3 3.0si to assist with funding ... we shall see.

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
Welcome to the club! I went the other route; I passed on the rough ones and spent money on a good driver. I don't have the time to bring one back.

Good luck with the project!

Cornishman

Site Donor
Reaction score
Where are you based?

Congrats on the new investment!
Where is she? I have a few tools that I have made and willing to share.
Best wishes
C

Cornishman

Site Donor
Reaction score
Chelmsford

I am based near Chelmsford and planning on going to Gaydon at the weekend, any one else going?
C