I Want This!

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't love red cars but there is something about some of BMW's reds that cast a spell, Henna, Hellrot, and Imola... My wife's car would get pushed out of the garage if I bought one of these. If I want to keep all of my cars, her car will always have spot in the garage (her rule). :)

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
It’s a tribute car right? I like it also and I don’t love red cars.

otter74

Reaction score
This has been for sale on CL for quite a while, and while it looks like a nice car, I think it's going to sit a while longer at his asking price. And it is a tribute car.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i really want an e21 323i ... but especially a real alpina c1 2.3. this is a tribute car, as it started life as a US 320i ... that is not a real alpina dash plaque.

I like it also and I don’t love red cars.
says the guy with a red e9 in his avatar ... LOL i am not a fan of red cars either, but i do like this one too. looks more red than hennarot, which is an orange red.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
says the guy with a red e9 in his avatar ... LOL i am not a fan of red cars either, but i do like t

With some cars we take what we can get. Honestly, I am happy that it isn’t one of the beautiful blue metallics. I won’t feel bad about a factory color swap.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
With some cars we take what we can get. Honestly, I am happy that it isn’t one of the beautiful blue metallics. I won’t feel bad about a factory color swap.
Indeed, I've never been about to pick the color of my cars. I did have a bright red 93' Volvo wagon that I liked quite a bit, my only red car. My Chamonix 2800cs is my 6th white car (yes, it's not really white...) and I'd have preferred almost any other color. But I've made my peace with it though I've considered most of the other factory colors at one time or another. What colors are you considering?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've considered most of the other factory colors at one time or another. What colors are you considering?

I want my car to look just like this:
B7841856-062E-4AC0-A7E1-CA6919F2C5FA.jpeg

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
You're better off waiting for the red B6 that has been on BaT before that will be listed at some-point soon in the future instead of a fauxpina. Everything is better with an M30.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
You're better off waiting for the red B6 that has been on BaT before that will be listed at some-point soon in the future instead of a fauxpina. Everything is better with an M30.

It h

I think you are misinformed. I learned from BaT that if you buy all the correct bits and swear to everyone that it is a real Alpina, it becomes a real Alpina!

1CE2D781-4978-4555-ABA8-87072550223A.jpeg

otter74

Reaction score
Indeed, I've never been about to pick the color of my cars. I did have a bright red 93' Volvo wagon that I liked quite a bit, my only red car. My Chamonix 2800cs is my 6th white car (yes, it's not really white...) and I'd have preferred almost any other color. But I've made my peace with it though I've considered most of the other factory colors at one time or another. What colors are you considering?
I always hated white. When I was shopping for my 911 in 2015 I would have taken the right car in any color, including white, but ended up with a lovely gold ("Casablanca Beige Metallic.") When I bought my JSW TDI in 2020 I got one in white because it was easily the best of the cars I was choosing from, and almost immediately I stopped hating white. At least on that car, LOL. The E12 I bought recently is Bordeaux Red and I find it quite agreeable.

otter74

Reaction score
Not familiar with this color on an E12. Photo?
Sure. It looks a lot like Verona to me. I hadn’t heard of Bordeaux either, but it’s right there on the color tag in the inner fender.

Attachments

• A86E2040-7026-446B-B10E-FAC026F79F5C.jpeg
    A86E2040-7026-446B-B10E-FAC026F79F5C.jpeg
    447 KB · Views: 54