I was thinking...while I am here...

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Drew,

I just have to say that you are the best! Thank you so much for offering your time to indulge friends and fans!

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Drew -- your comments on PT and gait are really interesting (I remember reading somewhere that having legs is actually detrimental to most things you do in space). Do you experience other transitory physiological effects of being in space, perhaps not obviously tied to gravity? Things like changes in vision, smell, or the rate at which your beard grows or whatever?
Hi Chris. We do suffer from changes in vision due to increased intercranial pressure, something for which we don’t quite know the cause. Usually this is temporary and vision returns to normal upon return to earth. The morphological changes include slight globe flattening and optical nerve thickening and folding. We also observe changes in the matter crocrystalline structure of the bones. Also, calluses on the bottom of our feet disappear...to name a few.

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Drew,

I just have to say that you are the best! Thank you so much for offering your time to indulge friends and fans!
Thanks Mark. I actually enjoy the chance share with the forum...really this is a unique opportunity that has only recently been possible.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Drew,

Just wanted to send a greeting to you from my cousin who lived in Bowie MD for several years when he was serving in the North Dakota Air National Guard (now lives in a town of ~20 people in NE!). He and his wife were friends of your parents, and he is very proud to have known such great people. His first name is Paul - don't know if you ever met him.

Don't get too high or too low or you might be in the wrong orbit! -

Cheers,

Gary Knox

Marco 54

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Chris. We do suffer from changes in vision due to increased intercranial pressure, something for which we don’t quite know the cause. Usually this is temporary and vision returns to normal upon return to earth. The morphological changes include slight globe flattening and optical nerve thickening and folding. We also observe changes in the matter crocrystalline structure of the bones. Also, calluses on the bottom of our feet disappear...to name a few.

Good afternoon Drew

Just a quick note to thank you and your colleagues for the inspiration you provide to young people around the world. You have many fans and followers here in the UK.

Good luck for the rest of the expedition and return safely next week!

Marco54

x_atlas0

Reaction score
How do you feel about the increasing militarization of space over the course of the last 15 years or so? (X-37, realized ground/air to space interdiction missions)

Thoughts on Orion/Constellation/SLS vs STS?

mr bump

Reaction score
Heres a slace related fact........An old american friend of mine, Dean butler, is next door neighbours with Neil armstrong. He told me a very funny story about a lot of snow, no traction and an expensive bottle of brandy.