JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
E9 Camino: (sorry, Gary)

1600355492635.png

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Beg, borrow, and steal body cladding, flares, giant CSL spoilers front and rear, rain deflectors for the windows, pop-rivet them all on and paint it to look like a CSL.

Drop in the most impressive looking engine you can get for cheap. Metal dash with lots of non-functioning gauges, faux roll cage, 4" diameter gas cap. It's the look that counts and it will go fast enough.

m_thompson

Reaction score
I have always thought that the N63 or S63 turbo V8 would make a great swap. It would be interesting to measure one to see how it would fit. It should be quite a bit shorter than the M30, but the width would make some challenges with the brake and clutch master cylinders. You can get an S63 with up to 600 HP so that would make brisk driving very interesting. The S63 weighs 500 pounds vs. 440 pounds for the M30 six, so not much weight difference.

I see some S63 engines for sale for as little as $6,000, and N63 engines about $1,000 less. There is a 6-speed manuals or a 7-speed DCT to go with them.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Arde, Please Send the pedal to 1313 Mockingbird Heights, Mockingbird Heights CA 90210, I'll need to substitute the tomato juice for Clamato; I'm V8 intolerant . I will consider the dimpled paint for sure.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have always thought that the N63 or S63 turbo V8 would make a great swap. It would be interesting to measure one to see how it would fit. It should be quite a bit shorter than the M30, but the width would make some challenges with the brake and clutch master cylinders. You can get an S63 with up to 600 HP so that would make brisk driving very interesting. The S63 weighs 500 pounds vs. 440 pounds for the M30 six, so not much weight difference.

I see some S63 engines for sale for as little as $6,000, and N63 engines about $1,000 less. There is a 6-speed manuals or a 7-speed DCT to go with them.

It ain't the motor you have to worry about. It's everything behind it. Unless you build a custom, heavily braced roll bar with tie ins to the rear towers. If you ever look at the late IMSA CSLs, there were braces all over the place... Flexi-flyer!

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
How about an s54? Or perhaps the simplicity of an s50 or s52 (US engines) I think it would have better handling balance, robustness, and tons of upgradability. I’m in the process of shoving an s50 in my super eta, and an s54 in one of my 635s. After the rust has been sorted of course!

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, there is someone in the us who is running his car with an electric conversion. Is this by some chance your car, or have you seen/driven it.

Steven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, there is someone in the us who is running his car with an electric conversion. Is this by some chance your car, or have you seen/driven it.
I know we have a member on here who is in the midst of a fantastic electric conversion, and a company called Moment Motors in Austin has also done an electric conversion on a 2800