Identical bodies? 2800 CS and 3.0 CSi

cookbw

Reaction score
So I have a '73 3.0 CSi that runs great and has a good interior but also has alot of body rust...(see the 'what would you do' post). Body resto on my car is possible, but may not be the best option due to the extensive rust. I'm considering getting a clean(er) shell, repairing its body and using my car as a donor.

Does anyone know if a shell from a '70 2800 CS would work well for this? Are the bodies identical? Were there any significant changes that would cause problems transferring basically everything over from my '73?

cookbw

Reaction score
So I have a '73 3.0 CSi that runs great and has a good interior but also has alot of body rust...(see the 'what would you do' post). Body resto on my car is possible, but may not be the best option due to the extensive rust. I'm considering getting a clean(er) shell, repairing its body and using my car as a donor.

Does anyone know if a shell from a '70 2800 CS would work well for this? Are the bodies identical? Were there any significant changes that would cause problems transferring basically everything over from my '73?

Malc

Reaction score
The body shells are the same
In fact everything is basically the same....
Brilliant marketing ploy when you think about it!

Malc

Reaction score
The body shells are the same
In fact everything is basically the same....
Brilliant marketing ploy when you think about it!