If you had a choice...?

Ephriam K. Williams

Reaction score
If you had a choice between inka orange or colorado orange for your ONLY two available car colors... (On an e9 of course)... which color would you choose?... and... (Please :shock: :? )...why?

without a doubt Inka
Keeping mine white though , I forsee a whole load of Inka coupes on the Horizon.
PJ

I like 'em both. If this is possible with an orange car, it all comes down to whether you want to be more or less subtle. As rare as an Inka coupe is, I think Colorado is even more rare, thus (by definition) cooler.

But, you could also avoid the question by going Golf!

I am going "Colorado with a slpash of Schwartz across the decks". Paint's in the garage waiting for warm weather. Inka was available after '73 I believe, so Colorado would be period correct for my '70. I also prefer the mellower color.....but then I also drive a very Yellow SUV..... :roll:

I'd suggest seeing both colors in the flesh before you commit, Colorado can be vibrant when fresh, just not as electric as Inka and Inka has a scosh more red in it.

do it.......
-shanon
1970 2800cs 'Alpina clone'

Colorado.

CSL01.jpg

CSL02.jpg

hands down. Colorado..

Whoa!!!

Oh no Vroomer,... you killin' me! That car is beautiful. I love the Colorado, BUT, I must also admit that I love the Inka as well. "Still" doing bodywork to my car. The color was really faded on my 73', but looking at yours...gesh.... All I can say is nice... and that, "You're killin' me Vroomer". LOL. Thank You for the pictures. Should make some really nice screen savers and motivaters for my project. Should you feel the need, send as many pictures as you want to: [email protected]. Thanks guys! Coupes up!

Ephriam

Dude, that's not my coupe. :lol: Mine's Fjord blue. 8)

That's just the car that got me sold on Colorado. Plus, I've seen so many Inka 2002s... :roll: Yeah, it'd have to be Colorado over Inka any day of the week. Personally, I can't stand "orange" BUT, I do like them Colorado orange BMWs. :wink:

IF it was my choice: Colorado. It's not my money, so, I'm just the man with the photos of a Colorado Orange coupe. :wink: 8)

PJ is correct, I believe. Those colors were cool in the 70's and seem to have come back around, but ultra bright colors also have a tendency to fall out of favor. In 10 yrs you might hear "gorgeous car, but the color is :( . So enjoy, but be careful! I like the Inka !!-Paul

Colorado Coupe--atop Santa Monica mountains

Coupe belongs to Mehrdad Vahid taken on a Coupe Cruise here in SoCal during Octoberfest in 2004 when held in Pasadena, California--Mehrdad left us to return to Iran--don't know where this car is now.

In the background is the nose of the BLUMAX peeking out--BTW--Atlantik blau is timeless, elegant and admired but is not in your face nor a color prone to go out of favor each decade--and the constables don't seem to notice it moving--FAST!!

Colorado Coupe--atop Santa Monica mountains

Coupe belongs to Mehrdad Vahid taken on a Coupe Cruise here in SoCal during Octoberfest in 2004 when held in Pasadena, California--Mehrdad left us to return to Iran--don't know where this car is now.

In the background is the nose of the BLUMAX peeking out--BTW--Atlantik blau is timeless, elegant and admired but is not in your face nor a color prone to go out of favor each decade--and the constables don't seem to notice it moving--FAST!!

Colorado...more subdued neutral orange...Inka I think has more red in it ....More "aggressive"...I think that the colorado would be easier to live with on a daily basis. However if its a "csl " then I'd probably choose the more aggressive color Inka.
Good luck
Giorgio

Back