Ignition lock needs replacement

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
Maybe!

I think the parts changed over the years. I've accumulated some spares and was surprised to find that they weren't all interchangeable. Sorry I don't have more definitive information, but it has been a while and I don't remember specifics.

If you have an E3 piece, I would try it, but I wouldn't buy one unless I knew the part numbers were the same or knew I could return the part if it didn't fit.

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Again--
send your your questions to Pro(s)--I'm a 38 year owner of E-9's and still continue to rely on the two professionals I have previously recommeneded--Mesa Performance & Bimmer Doc

they are reliable authorities on E-9 parts--with fair prices and ship worldwide-- the same source(s) are qualified for virtually any other E-9 parts you may need.

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
blumax said:
Again--
send your your questions to Pro(s)--I'm a 38 year owner of E-9's and still continue to rely on the two professionals I have previously recommeneded--Mesa Performance & Bimmer Doc

they are reliable authorities on E-9 parts--with fair prices and ship worldwide-- the same source(s) are qualified for virtually any other E-9 parts you may need.

But please post what you find here so the rest of us learn something too.

E9erCS

Reaction score
Ignition Lock

After 12/72 a longer lock barrel was used, so as long as the E3 is the same vintage as your E9 the ignition lock barrels should be interchangeable.