I'm in Monterey Thursday and Friday 3/17 and 3/18...

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Any locals want to get a beverage? Got any suggestions for good places to eat that won't break the bank? I know, hard to do in Monterey. ;) My wife and I will be there just goofin' off a couple days.

Dan

My thoughts....

Pacific Grove -
Several places downtown on Lighthouse -
Monterey -
Low key lunch - Melville Tavern (between Lake El Estereo and downtown)
Nicer place - Montrio (on Calle Principale near the Marriott - downtown)
If you are in Pebble Beach... 17 mile drive and all...
The lounge at Spanish Bay (Golf House) is awesome. Views and good food (was anyway a few years back)
Carmel -
I sometimes go to AW Shucks on Ocean for a quick bite. Not too expensive - for Carmel - LOL

A bit further out -
In Moss Landing - Sea Harvest is a nice low key place with good views....

IF you are going south on HWY 1.... Pack a picnic and go to Pfeiffer Beach... One of my favorite places in the world... (even if it's raining - LOL)

Have fun - Lots to see/do and such... Enjoy.... I'm up near Seattle now, but grew up in the area and get down several times a year.

my recommendations below (I am somewhat of a local)

Moss Landing: Phil's Fish Market (get the cioppino)
Pacific Grove: Peppers Cafe
Carmel: Tommy's Wok - great place and the tourists don't know about it :)
Carmel Valley: Jeffrey's Grill & Catering (breakfast, lunch), Wagon Wheel (breakfast), Cafe Rustica (lunch, dinner)

This bums me out. Getting on a SFO-ORD plane Wednesday, otherwise I'd show up to represent the midwest. Pescadero on Monday, anyone?

Well, Monterey didn't happen. We tried but our car broke down on the way so we spent five hours next to a plowed field in Hollister. No parts in the area until Monday so I called one of our towers for the 340 mile round trip. Oh well, my wife and I made the best of it.

We'll try again so I'll keep all the suggestions.

Back