In LA area Saturday looking at coupes: any for sale?

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I will be in LA this Saturday looking at a couple of coupes. I have looked for ads in the usual places: Craigslist, Ebay, Hemmings but if anyone knows someone who has one potentially for sale (preferably a CSi or Euro model), I'd love to take a look.

Thanks!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Have you contacted Murray (Blumax) or Peter (coupeking)? Orange County Craigslist has one on Harbor Blvd and others as well.

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Chris,

I don't see the ones you mention when I search on orange county CL with term "BMW CS" or "BMW CSi". Can you send me a link...?? Thanks!

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Never mind... Found the one in Costa Mesa. Bummer it's an automatic...

srennoc

Reaction score
CSI for sale

Luis,

If you get up to northern California, i have a baikal CSI for sale. Contact offline

Terry

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
CL Coupes

I usually just search on BMW 1972, BMW 1973, you get more hits. There is the Blue/White coupe in Bel Air for $19K (search BMW 1972) that may have been on eBay as well but hope you really like white interiors.

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that car with the WHITE interior... As someone said, it's just too nautical.

Mike Pelly

Reaction score
definately check out the car in N.Cal

The car for sale by Terry is very nice-he spent the past year going through the entire mechanics and it's worth a cheap flight up the coast if your serious.

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Looking for a nice Coupe

Luis--I was asked this morning at Cars 'n Coffee this AM to have a look at a Coupe that was there--but was never followed up by the party that asked.

if you remain in O.C. I can be of help in your search for quality examples--no junk.
I can be reached at 949-642-2150

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Looking for a middle-ground Coupe...

I spent some time with the Sahara Coupe mentioned here on Harbor in Costa Mesa, CA. yesterday.

http://www.autotraderclassics.com/find/vehicle/vehicleDetail.xhtml?adId=168981&conversationId=88661

Aside from the automatic (which could possibly be updated to a five-speed) the car has undergone a horrible engine conversion in the past. It appears to be a 3.3 early motronic first edition but without the management stuff or sensors but it's FI... Deep, (faint) grinding, bearing sounds from the engine make it surprising it runs at all...

Also, the metal is pretty thin IMHO...especially the spare-well that there are sections that show asphalt instead of paint...rockers are bubbling and will need attention soon.

As I listened to the motor run and viewed the crudely hand-painted black radiator fins...I decided I didn't dare drive it as likely I wouldn't have gotten back to the 405 (2 blocks) without some sort of transmission trouble!

Dealership's owner did offer me $1,000 in trade my e24 that I brought along but only IF I bought the coupe there on the spot at full price!

DSC00014.jpg

On the long drive home all I could think about was Yikes...! is this the best one can do for $12k?

Last edited: