In Search Of E3 Fuel Level Sender

bavaria

Reaction score
Today I was diagnosing my inop fuel gauge on my 1975 3.0Si. The gauge itself tested fine so I pulled the sender out of the tank. It came out in 2 pieces, the nut had come off the bottom of the silver tube, apparently this is not a good thing. When I got it out, it turns out that the wires are broken and it needs a good general cleaning. No problem to clean it but I'm not sure that I will be able to repair or replace the wiring and in any event I would have to source some pretty fine guage wire to make the attempt. Being as this is looking like a long term project I thought that I would reach out and see if anybody had one of these that they would like to sell. Please see pictures below of the actual sender, it is about 245 mm long, VDO brand and dated 12/74. Thanks for your help in sourcing this!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    323.3 KB · Views: 116
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    263.8 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    297.5 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    356.8 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    198.6 KB · Views: 104

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
Today I was diagnosing my inop fuel gauge on my 1975 3.0Si. The gauge itself tested fine so I pulled the sender out of the tank. It came out in 2 pieces, the nut had come off the bottom of the silver tube, apparently this is not a good thing. When I got it out, it turns out that the wires are broken and it needs a good general cleaning. No problem to clean it but I'm not sure that I will be able to repair or replace the wiring and in any event I would have to source some pretty fine guage wire to make the attempt. Being as this is looking like a long term project I thought that I would reach out and see if anybody had one of these that they would like to sell. Please see pictures below of the actual sender, it is about 245 mm long, VDO brand and dated 12/74. Thanks for your help in sourcing this!
Believe I have one. Let me check application on real oem. This is from 73 Bavaria

3.0S

Reaction score
Hi
I have just bought a brand new one from Walloth & Nesch in Germany, 245mm long for my UK E3, 3.0S auto at €140 euros.

They were listed at €313 until recently.

My old sender had dropped apart....

Simon