Indicators / turn signal not working

Deesta

Reaction score
Hello all. Almost completed reinstalling the wiring loom however I have hit a bit of a snag. The hazard lights work, as in the indicators flash on all four corners, however none of the indicators work at all, front or back.I have rechecked the wiring diagram and all seems fine.

I assume it's not an earth issue as the hazard works. I don't think its the indicator stalk as when the car is turned off and I use it the left and right driving lights come on.

The fuse is fine. Am I missing something?

What do you mean by left and right driving lights? Headlights, parking lights? Where are you located, pre 74 or later coupe? We need some info before we can help. Please put location in your profile.

If you are saying that the same bulbs will flash when all four are energized (emergency flasher mode) but will not flash when only two are energized (turn signal mode), then the problem might be that two bulbs don't draw sufficient current to trigger the flasher.

This is a common problem with e9's (at least pre-74) as well as with 2002's. The bulbs may be of insufficient wattage, the sockets corroded, grounds poor, ... Substituting an electronic flasher is one solution, as they are indifferent to current draw.

There are lots of threads about your problem and electronic flashers, such as: http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6507&highlight=flasher&page=2

Last edited:
You are correct. That's what's happening. I changed the flasher relay to the electronic one and problem resolved. Well almost. The dash light doesn't come on at all with hazards or indicators.

Last edited:
Back