Inertia Safety Switch

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Has anyone installed an inertia safety switch and if so do you have any recommendations?

I have carbs and am planning to convert to FI in the near future.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

Here is some info lifted from the Megasquirt site. I have not installed one yet, but probably will eventually:

"Note: An inertial safety shut off switch should be installed and used to kill power to the pump upon significant impact to vehicle.

These switches are available in junk yards from EFI Fords. The switch is on the drivers side in the trunk, near the trunk hinge, mounted so that it is between the interior bracing and the rear quarter panel (protected from being knocked around if you stuff your trunk full of stuff). It is mounted with the reset switch straight up. Note switch mounting orientation probably matters.

It is Ford Part # F2AB-9341-AA. The wire going into it is about 14 gauge, so it should be capable of handling the full current of the fuel pump.

The markings on the switch show that it has NO/NC (normally open/normally closed) positions so that it should be able to accommodate any possible fuel pump configuration."

Thank you Sven. It seems like the smart thing to do. Although I don't plan on having a major accident in my Coupe, if I were to I would feel better knowing that my fuel pump isn't going to continue pumping thus supplying fuel to a possible fire.

Mike

Back