Injection system wiring

Giro Classico

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm assembling my 1975 E9 and I'm having a hard time figuring out what goes into the three wire socket above the brake booster bracket as pictured.
Any help or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks and all best
IMG_7536.jpeg

In this image (courtesy of Wladek) the wires are shown in the top right corner, labelled with blue tape.

You appear to be missing one of the D-Jet relays (either main injection relay, or cold start relay) as the base is visible in your image

Attachments

• 130814 3CSi D-Jetronic-Harness.jpg
    130814 3CSi D-Jetronic-Harness.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 15
After facelift models use this connector as a terminal base, in the diagram number 37:
20241017_092855.jpg
The two black cables connector 50 bottom side link to terminal 50 of starter coil and to terminal 60 of the ignition lock. Opposite cable connection cable 18 routes to the ECU terminal 18, telling that ignition process has been activated. Same connection, cable 44 is routed to the terminal 86 of the cold start relais, being activated during starting process.
Center connector leads nowhere (at least on my car). Right lower connector: two green cables, one leads to terminal 24 where the resistance cable to the coil is connected, the other one comes from the ignition terminal 15 and leads further to the fuse of the fuel pump relais. The other side green cable leads to the main relais terminal 86. So all these connections are under power during running condition.
20241017_095637.jpg
Thomas

Last edited:
....but
...on my '74 CSI the white cores 18, 44 and 41 come out of the injection cable harness and lead to this connector.
Your pic probably shows a harness without these cores.
20241017_122446.jpg
This is a harness for production year up to '74 with the discrete resistor installed at the ignition coil and as a result a different wiring.
So verify which type of harness is installed in your car, probably this pre facelift one.
If you need scans of the respective wiring diagrams pm me.
Wiring diagrams taken from this book. A must have if you own these cars.
20241017_154026.jpg
Thomas

Last edited:
Back