Inka 3.0 CSI for sale.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi:
I recently was informed about a Inka 3.0 CSI in show condiyion at a fair price of $20000. I contacted the person by phone this morning and he is going to email me pics and info about parts and also the car.He recently sold a 72 3.0 in very nice all original condition for $6995.
I will keep everyone informed once I get details and pics.Anyone who is real interested PM me and I will give you all info I currently have.
Have a great day.
Koopman

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not Inka

Hi all,

We now have some more information about this coupe (thanks Koopman!). It was born a CS automatic polaris/blue delivered in Germany. It was repainted Kastanienrot (chestnut red), not a coupe color but an 80's BMW factory color on E21's and other period series. It even wears a proper "Kastanienrot-Metallic" sticker in the engine compartment. The engine is now injected and the gearbox is a manual (don't know if it is 4- or 5-speed.)

It is being sold for the owner by John, who can be reached at his cell phone 203-731-zero nine forty-two. He is in CT, the car is in Garden City, NY. John doesn't seem to know much about the car or coupes but somehow is selling it for the owner.

This coupe used to be owned by a poster of this board and his longest thread with photos is here:
http://e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378

BimRLuvR

Reaction score
Looking for Pecsok

Hi,

I am interested in this car and would love to talk with the former owner (Jon) about it. Jon, if you are reading this, please send me a PM. If any of you know him, please ask him to contact me. Thanks!

Jim

michael

Site Donor
Reaction score
inspection

If anyone would like me to have a look at the car, I am located near Garden City and would be more than happy to take a look in the event you are a long distant suitor.

Mike

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think all of us would be interested if ...

If anyone would like me to have a look at the car, I am located near Garden City and would be more than happy to take a look in the event you are a long distant suitor.

Mike
I think there are several of us members that are contemplating buying this car.
You could take a look and snap a few good pics of some critical areas (shock towers, bottom of spare well, rockers).

We'd all be grateful.

John

P.S. If there's ever an E9 FS near Boston, I'd always be happy to look at it for y'all.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
1972 Redish and definitely not Inka.

Hi Guys:
i guess I,m responsible for the original thread and hope you understand that I have no affiliation with the seller. Last year I saw one at a service station near where I live and posted the color as Inka. The first call I received was from a member and he asked for pics etc. I took what I felt was important as far as rust and other costly items I thought would make a difference in either buying or not buying the vehicle. He went ahead and purchased the vehicle had it transported from the Eastcoast to the Westcoast and as it turned out it was not in the condition he expected and the whole thing would not of happened if I had not started a thread about the car.
Why I did it again I don't know. I hope it works out for someone interested.
Thanks
Koopman

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Why I did it again I don't know. I hope it works out for someone interested.
Thanks
Koopman

We're all big boys and girls. We're alll responsible for checking out a car to our satisfaction before BMW purchase.

I for one am greatful for all BMW coupe sightings.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Leads are Great. I want to see all the E9's I can. Thanks Koopman,

BimRLuvR

Reaction score
Checked Her Out Today

Gang,

I went and looked at this car today. I will take a pass. Feel free to PM me with your contact info if you want to learn more. Thanks!

Jim

PS: I am still on the hunt, so leads are appreciated!

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
FYI, since I was interested in this car at one point, the seller called me yesterday to say it was now priced at $14,000.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks like he has been hearing from the forum members as he has updated the ad description!

"very very nice overall condition 15oo firm plz i dont want 15 people contacting me telling me they want a pic of every bolt and they need to know the name of the grandfather of the guy that installed the bolt 15 k is a good price for this car end of story"

71-2800 CS

Reaction score
72 Reddish CSI

Hey for those who have seen this car or talked to the owner I am curious what the issues are. Outside of the color it appears pretty original and in good condition. Do we know if it 4 or 5 speed? Is it the original fuel injected engine or a later year conversion? any rust issues? engine issues? Wood? interior? A/C? Thanks

thehackmechanic

Reaction score
"i dont want 15 people contacting me telling me they want a pic of every bolt and they need to know the name of the grandfather of the guy that installed the bolt 15 k is a good price for this car end of story"

I don't know the seller, but suffice it to say that this is not the way to maximize the value of an E9 one is attempting to sell.