"Inner Fender Protection"

Stefan

Reaction score
I've found this on national sales market (Swe): It's inner protection in aluminium for front fenders. I was told that this is a aftermarket product. According to seller these were to an E3 but should also fit to E9. Anyone with experience or additional information?

Hmmm, I will add photo as soon I figure out how to do it.....

You can fit the front fender liners from any 200 series Volvo with minor mods. They cost about US$5.00 each at a junk yard/breakers.

See my how-to article here.

During my last trip to Germany I saw some aluminum fender liners with gaskets on the edges that were made for coupes.

Inner fender protection

Yes, the aluminium front fenderprotectors are available for E9's sold by a company near Munich, produced in Sweden. We here in Germany swear by them, infact, we believe that every restored E9 must have them! Cost is approximately Euro 150 excluding shipping. They are designed for the E9's and this company has them for many other models too. Very good fit. www.Lokari.de. Keshav

You can get GRP ones too I know that Jaymic can supply them theres a pair on the UK ebay right now......

Be careful with Aluminium ones, protect any contact area between the aluminium and steel with a good paint, seam sealer, rubber strips and or anti rust wax (Waxoyl, Dinitrol etc)
otherwise you get a cathodic reaction between the different metals and terrible corrosion.
Land Rovers suffer from this, the doors are aluminium skins on steel frames and they always "go" I should know :roll:

Malc

Stefan said:
I've found this on national sales market (Swe): It's inner protection in aluminium for front fenders. I was told that this is a aftermarket product. According to seller these were to an E3 but should also fit to E9. Anyone with experience or additional information?

Hmmm, I will add photo as soon I figure out how to do it.....

Adding photo for public interest (and for me to see if this image link works...)

"I believe the new ones are not stored in barns"

CAHKSN19.gif

Uder fender liners

REALITY--the regular use of an E-9 on any wet, snowy, chemically treated, or salted road used to get rid of snow & ice will easily defeat the fitting of the panel or the Volvo liner mentioned that you are considering or planning to install.

Road silt will always find its way around, under, beside, above, wherever to defeat the intended positive purpose of the liner/barrier that you are expecting--and with moisture added you are in for silent corrosion commencing again. When new--in all E-9's there was originally a panel fitted to prevent same and in time it effectively served to hide the enemy--silt--lurking in the crevices behind the panel that will do its damage--and ALL of them did--just ask Coupeking or Carl Nelson---aka Bimmer Doc what the7y have found--as each or collectively have more first hand Coupe experience here in the western USA than any two I know.

Whenever driven in the conditions previously mentioned--even in SoCal where we don't have snow or salts or chemicals on the roadway--except from auto fluids dribbled about--yet the accumulation of silt with moisure added by un-witting hose wielders washing their Coupes--or splashing thru puddles from irrigation (we have a lot of that here) or from infrequent rains will still do the damage--I speak from first hand experience with two Coupes including the BLUMAX that experienced corrosion damage until his owner/caretaker wized up. Just my input based on actual experiences!!

Back