Inspection day

billpatterson

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi all,
It’s time for the out of province inspection. Over an unknown time frame (without digging thru Bill of sales and import permits), the car jumped from California to St Albert Alberta to Olds Alberta and finally Edmonton Alberta. Exciting!

She seemed larger in the garage but compared to these current vehicles the E3 is still on the small side.

Thanks for the help Forum!

Cheers
Bill

ABD6BBB7-0472-47EC-B6D2-C39F1FE34B00.jpeg

Last edited:

billpatterson

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeeehaaa...passed inspection and registered!!

Hey...the mechanic wanted a start safety switch installed. I said whaaaat! its a '73! He says its a new requirement in Alberta. Hard to imagine all those old classics getting these installed...somehow. After a lil back and forth, he decided to ignore the requirement and mark it N/A. Have you experienced such nonsense with inspections?

Regards

IMG_3081.JPG

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
When I registered the E3, the insurance company stamp was not raised and embossed so they would not accept it.

My imitation of a DMV interview "so you dislike people, enjoy saying no, smile at misfortune and embrace failure, you're hired".

Last edited:

CSBM5

Reaction score
The Bavaria looks tiny in that picture next to the modern pickups and such. Reminds me of that picture someone posted of their late model Mustang parked in their garage next to their Ferrari 1980 308 GTB.

By starter safety switch, I assume you're referring to a clutch pedal switch to prevent starter engagement unless it is depressed? I would have to assume that is clearly meant to evaluate cars that have those by design. No state inspections required here in SC by the way.