interest in a few custom parts?

bimmerboy73

Reaction score
I have a couple of friends i've been talking to about custom fabricating parts for my coupe. they arent car guys but both are professional metal workers / artists that have expressed interest in making a part or two. The two pieces we discussed initially are the trim plates that go under the window/lighter/w.washer switches and a custom air box for triple weber setups -see the pic below. Initial thoughts are to have the trim pieces done out of either brushed stainless or aluminum to match the originals and the box out of aluminum ( stainless would be nice but $$$). The box will be custom contoured to fit the available space adjacent to the carbs - it will be narrower toward the firewall and probably flare or wrap around the B.booster toward the battery

I thought i'd ask here to see if there were more folks interested. Not sure what the $ will be quite yet but obviously the more parts, the cheaper.

I'm not expecting to get the air box made until June at the earliest but the mock ups / samples of the trim plates could be available later this month. I'm going to try to put together a cardboard mock up of the box to get them an idea of the complexity of the piece so i'll post pictures of it when i have it done to get comments / input from those who are interested in providing it.

Obviously not expecting a hard commitment from anyone since there's no product to see as of yet. just want to gauge interest in the idea

Attachments

• ztripturbo.jpg
    ztripturbo.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 159
Last edited: