Intermittent passenger window

Laldog

Site Donor
Reaction score
It seems that my passenger side electric window works when it feels like it... most of the time it doesn't feel like it.

Having just put together my center console (absolute war), all 4 windows worked fine (ok, slow) last night.

Came out this morning, and of course the passenger window does not work.

I tried it with another (working) switch, but still nothing.
Ran a test light to the wire connections at the window motor, and it is getting electricity when I actuate the switch.
The window motor will operate when I energize it with a direct connection to a jump pack.

This is at least the 3rd time I've been through this same scenario with the passenger side window, all the time just assuming it was a loose wire/connection.
It definitely is not a loose connection this time.

Has anyone had this same problem? Is there something I'm missing?
Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

i most likely don't have the technical knowledge you have. All I can do is share a story...My driver window got stuck when i put it down. i took the door panel off and turned the motor by hand and it started to work and continues to work fine. I called the previous owner for tips and was told these cars have weak window motors and E9 windows usually get stuck at all the way up or all the way down. since then, i never put my windows all the way down or up...have had no issues. The rear windows I just leave up all the time...

Your window is likely over-torquing into the bump stop. Extend the bumper out a little so that it engages the window regulator just before where it is engaging now. Repeat until it consistently no longer jams and goes back down.

Back