Is it me, or does there seem to be an influx of E24's available for sale lately?

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It used to be you would see one here, one there, mostly junk but lately, seems like everybody that owns an e24 decided to put them up for sale this Spring. There are some nice ones out there, but prices to boot.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I spent 2 years hunting for an e28. During that time reviewing a handful of decent e28 candidates, I probably saw 100 e24's for sale. Some were toast and others were $15K drivers. There are way more e24's to pick from compared to e28's. Also, it is quite easy to find an original grey market e24 or e23. I suppose it had to do with purchase price and buyer income. Euro e28's are few and far between stateside.

The e24 doesn't do much fir me. The body style reminds me of an 80's mercury cougar or ford thunderbird.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score

The e24 doesn't do much fir me. The body style reminds me of an 80's mercury cougar or ford thunderbird.

Where do you think Ford got their inspiration?
And on the Lincoln LS they even went to the BMW supply base to duplicate the best characteristics of the e34...

Ford has always wanted to be the domestic BMW equivalent to GM (domestic version of Daimler)

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
In looking around for a car to cannibalize for parts for Annabelle, I have noticed the same thing. I have plenty to do with the parts I have already acquired, but I may snag one of these at some point.

12doplumbing

Reaction score
After the sticker price of my '73 E9, I was like a kid in a candy shop looking at the e24s for sale. I bought two last month; both '89.
I like the 635. It's such a comfortable ride - don't mind that it's slow... I bought them for the M30B35 swap I eventually want to do, but have been cruising around in one and loving it. The one with the automatic - automatics.... So nice.
My son wants me to make one look like this:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 135

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
After the sticker price of my '73 E9, I was like a kid in a candy shop looking at the e24s for sale. I bought two last month; both '89.

Nice....funny.....any pics? I know that second one is photo shopped....Japanese e24...LOL Those over fenders are all the rage but have been played out too much in the Japanese scene at this point, my opinion.... Only cars those look good on are 70's Nissan Skylines or the 70's Toyota Sprinter Trueno's (Mangos). JDM Legends has a nice selection but all pre-orders and sold before they come in.

Last edited:

12doplumbing

Reaction score
I can only upload one photo at a time. If i try to do a second, it wipes out the first. Something with iphone/ipad

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 112

12doplumbing

Reaction score
You need to rename the picture to something other than "image.jpg" otherwise duplicates get replaced

Trying... Well, if I goto "Choose Existing" or "Take a Photo" it automatically uploads it this way... I don't have a right click and "save as" option on this ipad, at least I don't think I do.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 101