Is there a Golf Yellow RHD CSL for sale?

Johnnygengland

Reaction score
I sadly sold my superb Golf CSL 12 years back when I needed a daily car that could eat up the miles. I have regretted it ever since, and now not least as it will have tripled in price! If anyone knows of a very good RHD car for sale I would be very grateful if they could get in touch.

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Johnny,

Do you remember which chassis number or reg number it was
?

Rohan

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think that car was featured in a magazine a while back. If it was the same one then i saw it in Clapham about 8-9 years ago.

Did it have 16" alpinas?

CSL 1973

Reaction score
Johnny,

If I remember correctly, this Golf RHD CSL has a front spoiler. It was compared with a Ford Capri in an article (Classic & Sport Car) some years ago. Normally, Munich Legends knows the owner. Could be an idea to contact them.

This car was first registered in February 1973. Therefore, I would guess a VIN in the range of 2285150 - 2285300. BTW, Golf is a pretty rare color of the RHD CSLs. Less than 40 cars were built.

It would be great if you could find out the VIN.

Cheers
Henric

CSL 1973

Reaction score
I think the name Mark S. is related to the ownership of this this Golf CSL.

/H

Nash

Reaction score
If you are still looking?

Johnnygengland

Its on ebay right now, another member has kindly put in on

good luck

Reaction score

All details about this car are summarized in the webbase CSL registry:
http://www.lezebre.eu/car/bmw%2030%20csl/photo%20gallery/photo%20gallery%20bmw%2030%20csl%202285195.htm
Any question, let me know.
bmw%2030%20csl%20112.jpg

Nash

Reaction score
$143,000 for a RHD CSL......asking price that is.

Wow! 97,500 UK pounds, ie $143,000 US today for a RHD.

I have always believed these RHD CSLs were the E9s that had been left behind, but that is a seriously big jump in a very short period.

Lets hope it is a beautiful car for that money, if it is it might actually be worth it.

jvrenaudon

Reaction score
Rhd csl

This sounds somehat hopeful to me. I saw this car in about 1995 in le camping at le Mans and it was certainly a very fine example then. However, Munich Legends told me last Friday that they had just sold their three-owner sub-70k miler (still posted on their website, I think) Verona example with matching numbers for a figure not unadjacent to £65k which, to me, sounds more in line. I do agree about the colour Golf, though. It looks superb and no photograph really does it justice. I recall thinking when I saw it that the engine bay was absolutely immaculate- it made a lasting impression. Good luck to whoever buys it. John.