its been a long way, but now its almost done

acat2002

Reaction score
When I first saw the pictures on on a previous thread, I thought you could have found a much dryer, less rusty example to restore. You obviously have more vision that the rest of us.

If there was an emoticon for the act of genuflection, I'd have to use it right now!

No doubt that if you chose to become a medical doctor, you could cure cancer, raise the dead and so on. Amazing work!

Any idea how many man-hours? or are you afraid to tally up the total?

petert

Reaction score
Saw your thread of pictures

First, it is very commendable that you would take so many pictures of your restoration process. Very well documented. And secondly, my most heartfelt congratulations on your restoration. Truly a tremendous undertaking- and you finished it! Enjoy your ride for I will never complain about the "clean up" of my coupe.

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've seen this car in the flesh and it is truly awesome. A great credit to Jan who restores cars in Vilnius, Lithuania - search for Jan classic car factory.

Regards,

Rohan

jan

Reaction score
bmw cs

thanks
the car never been under the sea...just been salty roads in norway, and onestly i dont know whats worst:)

i only did the work, and i have to give the client ( or maybe his wife who let him?:))credit for even had the money to restore that car.
he could bought a new car, but he had it since 1984, and now we made a "new" car for him.

the color is tungsteen metalic from aston martin, and we retrimmed the interior with italian leather, and the leather we use is not the plastic covererd they use today, our interior smell good:)

we do restore some early 911 as well, and i did drive the cupe and thinking why a 911S or even T have such high value compared to this cupes...beats me:)

now i have to finish my 3.0csi....

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
Very inspiring to see such dedication even as an expression of work for pay. Beautiful car.

jan

Reaction score
hi :)
thanks for all the nice words,anyone had problems with wipers falling off?

i was driving to Oslo from Vilnius and its 2 days drive...in rain..and one our from Oslo the fall off!:)

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
This happened to me. I was able to pull off the road, run back and find the missing wiper arm. The splined part the wiper arm fits on is soft metal and I think they just wear with age. You have to buy the whole pivot part. That part is different for each side of the car.

TodB

Reaction score
Me, too

Ditto on the pull-over-and-go-back-and-find-the-wiper-blade-that-went-flying-off story.

There is a clip so that when you push the wiper on the threaded post the clip has to "clip in" to hold it in. I haven't had a problem since but I also disconnect my wipers to keep them from going on when I use the directional which caused my wiper to fly off in the first place.

simoniko

Reaction score
The same

Hi , i had the same problem with my 2002 , a month ago in one heavy rain ! My blade fall behind , thanks i foind it !
My advise is to change the soft metal body under the blades shoulder , or to make a hole and put the same bolt like the one used for holding the mirrors to the door !