Jackie O's E3 said to be for sale on Copart in Florida

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score

Christoph

Reaction score
Sad thing. The car must have been under water at least up to the windows. Around here, there was a huge flood in July 2021 which cost 150 lives, thousands of homes and, least important, dozens of classic cars. People I know were affected, terrible.

Hopefully someone will take care of this one, as a historically important E3/car. I fear it was not in the best of states before. The reupholstery could have been done a big little better. Is it possible the rust on the door pillar bottom (last picture) has been caused by the hurrican? Usually not even Series 3 cars corrode that quickly.

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
The car must have been under water at least up to the windows
you can see in this pic there is a line how high the water went (FL=flood level)
1668347627312.png

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
In Ma, I do know that any car over 10 years old does not get a "salvaged" title if it is totaled and bought from the insurance company. Gets me thinking if this car were bought by a Ma person, if it's title would be intact once again.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There's no upside on this no matter who owned it. Even if it was free the restoration cost would outweigh its value.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Sold. It had bid up to just over $13K earlier today, but Copart doesn’t show the final sale price.

Last edited: