Jenvey fuel injection

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Great power, but difficult to tune for street and loud.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I tuned Coupeking’s 325i last year with Sean Church on the Dyno. ITB’s are challenging with a huge leap in the fuel map from idle to WOT. Many people will use a 2 stage map- alpha-n and speed density as needed. Hybrid mode worked for us worked well with 100% tps driven. The car put out huge power.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I tuned Coupeking’s 325i last year with Sean Church on the Dyno. ITB’s are challenging with a huge leap in the fuel map from idle to WOT. Many people will use a 2 stage map- alpha-n and speed density as needed. Hybrid mode worked for us worked well with 100% tps driven. The car put out huge power.
but the Jenvey is fuel injection. Aren't the ITB just for looks?

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
DETAILS OF BASE KIT

The BMW M52 6 cylinder ITB throttle body kit from Jenvey Dynamics includes 3 TBS45 throttle bodies, a pair of Jenvey Dynamics EFI inlet manifolds, fuel rail and 60mm long airhorns. Jenvey throttle bodies and all Jenvey throttle body accessorie

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
but the Jenvey is fuel injection. Aren't the ITB just for looks?

The Jenvey setup is ITB. ITB’s are all fuel injection, and aren’t just for looks. They have move a ton of air and fuel, but are also compact. BMW has been using them on their M platform since the 80’s. The vintage Jenvey setup is just a typical Jenvey ITB cast to look like a Weber carb.

Many ITB’s have the same physical dimensions as DCOE’s, and almost always have the same manifold bolt pattern as DCOE’s. But also, the trumpet bolt pattern is the same.

Alpina built ITB’s for the 2002 tii back in the 70’s, called the A4 system. Something that I find even more fascinating. They used ITB’s and K-Fisch injection on Burkjard B’s car used in the 70’s CSL comparison.

9F4A0BFD-CEB0-42E2-9109-3B6D66D9B77E.jpeg

Do you see the clear plastic fuel lines running from the K-Fisch (belt-driven mechanical FI) to the ITB’s? They have this setup bolted to their standard early Alpina plenum.
2EE5872C-4609-42C8-880E-81A6D533EFDB.jpeg

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
All of these guys sell ITB’s with fuel injection.
Dbilas sells Alpha-n which works well on stock engines.
When you change pistons and cams and exhausts you need to be able to tune and change the Alpha-n and Speed Density maps. We use MSPNP2 second gen or MSPNP3 for hybrid maps.
ITB’s are lousy at vacuum at idle and low loads even with a vacuum manifold so Alpha-n is nice to have there.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
BTW- FPR’s are notorious on ITB’s at idle because of the vacuum. Once the plugs are soaked you are in for fun.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
O Kayyy then. Note to self "drink more coffee in the morning before posting".
So I think I now understand; Like triple side draft only more complicated, this is much more akin to an M engine design than adding a EFI system designed for more drivability, HP and fuel economy than carburetors...

nosmonkey

In Rust We Trust
Site Donor
Reaction score
I might have it wrong but @nosmonkey and possibly @daddywad have considered installing them.

I'll be running the standard DCOE pattern Jenveys as the heritage system from them isn't designed for boosted applications. With the daddywad manifold it'll make life a ton easier and as I'm forced induction I'll probably go with a speed density only set up and wideband o2 sensor to allow me to tune. As @sfdon stated alpha-n and speed density is probably the way to go, E46 M3s have an alpha-n remap when CSL intakes are fitted as without the MAF in the way it frees up more intake room.
I had to map our cbr600rr engined formula student car with this hybrid method as idle was all over the shop even with a vacuum box.

I wouldn't say its much more complicated than a standalone efi swap especially if a manifold is used. The key is having someone comfortable and experienced with mapping.

shanon

Reaction score
I'll be getting my popcorn machine out when you all start putting these on and road testing. Have had an eye on these, curious to hear how the experiments go.

Please keep us posted, the Heritage units sure are slick!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'll be getting my popcorn machine out when you all start putting these on and road testing. Have had an eye on these, curious to hear how the experiments go.

Please keep us posted, the Heritage units sure are slick!

I thought about tapping my intake manifold for injectors and running my DCOE’s as ITB’s. I already plan to add a TPS, which they make for weber DCOE’s. As long as you plugged all the jets the carbs would only need functioning butterflies. Idle could be tricky. :D

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
AT Power makes their beautiful shaft less design that flow fantastic with a smaller size so you get a bit better gas velocity. Not sure if there's a kit for the m30....

DennisLJacob

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I would be very interested in seeing a AT Power setup on a M30 motor. I live at 5k ft and travel up to 8k and down to sea level on my trips. So my weber carbs are not quite up to the task of keeping the mixtures right. So EFI is on my list, just not sure which direction to go. These new ITB EFI systems looks pretty slick, neat and good looking.