Just bought a car..came with parts

e9allan

Reaction score
Hi,
I am new here. As a result, I really have no idea as to value on this stuff. I hope I can rely on the good people of this forum to make sure fair deals are made. I bought a '72 CS about a month ago, and it came with some spares. Some I am keeping, others I don't need or do not fit in with my plans for this car. In addition to the parts pictured, I also have a windshield and rear glass and a set of bumpers I am thinking of selling as well as a separate center section for a front bumper. I can take pictures of those if anyone is interested.
On to the rest of the stuff:

Attachments

• IMG_3590.jpg
    IMG_3590.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_3591.jpg
    IMG_3591.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_3592.jpg
    IMG_3592.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_3594.jpg
    IMG_3594.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_3596.jpg
    IMG_3596.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 192

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi,
I am new here. As a result, I really have no idea as to value on this stuff. I hope I can rely on the good people of this forum to make sure fair deals are made. I bought a '72 CS about a month ago, and it came with some spares. Some I am keeping, others I don't need or do not fit in with my plans for this car. In addition to the parts pictured, I also have a windshield and rear glass and a set of bumpers I am thinking of selling as well as a separate center section for a front bumper. I can take pictures of those if anyone is interested.
On to the rest of the stuff:

Check E-bay to get a ballpark idea of what things are worth. The same part might sell for $20 this week and $50 the next depending on the fact if someone really needs it or just getting it as a spare if the price is low enough.

execmalibu

Reaction score
Ebay has E9 stuff listed at high prices for months/years and NOT! selling...

Ebay on some stuff is the absolute worst place to check...

IE- The Red Handled Screwdrivers listed at $325! They have been listed and for sale for over a year...

I had a vintage tool guy who was selling those Screwdrivers to me at $20 each see that auction and he thought I was cheating him! He was absolutely convinced that I was selling them and making a huge profit... I showed him complete toolkits with the clamshell with both red screwdrivers included selling for $175 but he refused to listen... He raised his price to $125 each...

Imagine if you checked ebay today and saw those screwdrivers and you were trying to figure out a price of what yours were worth?...

There are other guys selling hood grilles for $275 a pair when new ones are $160... And another seller has been offering a jack, hood grilles, emblems for the past two years @$525!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
At least when you win an auction on eBay you know what you are paying and the seller knows the buyer can't ask to renegotiate the price.

verde2002

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ebay on some stuff is the absolute worst place to check...

IE- The Red Handled Screwdrivers listed at $325! They have been listed and for sale for over a year...

I had a vintage tool guy who was selling those Screwdrivers to me at $20 each see that auction and he thought I was cheating him! He was absolutely convinced that I was selling them and making a huge profit... I showed him complete toolkits with the clamshell with both red screwdrivers included selling for $175 but he refused to listen... He raised his price to $125 each...

Imagine if you checked ebay today and saw those screwdrivers and you were trying to figure out a price of what yours were worth?...

There are other guys selling hood grilles for $275 a pair when new ones are $160... And another seller has been offering a jack, hood grilles, emblems for the past two years @$525!

I should have been more clear, check E-bays completed listings so you see what items have already sold for and which items keep getting relisted and not selling due to the high asking prices. Do you have another suggestion to check pricing?? I agree E-bay has very few sellers that just don't get it and ask the world for their items as you have listed but in the majority of cases it is the best place to guage values.

calshamus

Reaction score
+1 for checking eBay completed items to see what things have sold for.

They're worth what people are willing to pay.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
check E-bays completed listings so you see what items have already sold for and which items keep getting relisted and not selling due to the high asking prices. Do you have another suggestion to check pricing?? I agree E-bay has very few sellers that just don't get it and ask the world for their items as you have listed but in the majority of cases it is the best place to guage values.

x2

e9allan

Reaction score
I am trying to use ebay, but a fair number of these parts aren't listed. Thanks though - it did help with some of the stuff.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
I am trying to use ebay, but a fair number of these parts aren't listed. Thanks though - it did help with some of the stuff.

You can always list what you have, and take what they are bid to as "the price."

pamp

Reaction score
The bumpers are gold brother. Many in need to do a 1974 car DOT to chrome conversion.
execmalibu has them stacked like cord wood I am told....