Just funny to see your rocker like this....

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
a view you normally don't have.
pic 1: I made a week ago during the trial fitting of parts, showing het internals of your rockers, but from an abnormal viewpoint.
It shows how the structural rocker sits over the intemedate rocker, and how the B pillar reinforcement is sandwiched between them. The viewpoint is as if you were sitting atop the handbrake, looking outward toward the right rear wheel arch.

second image showing the bits welded on. Note how i welded the A and B reinforcements first to the intermediate sill, before welding the intermediate +A+B pillar to the car. This allows me to treat the backside of the welds thoroughly which you otherwise cannot access anymore.

regards,
Erik.

Attachments

• Intermediate sill, B-Pillar and outer structural sill on the workbench.jpg
    Intermediate sill, B-Pillar and outer structural sill on the workbench.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 250
  • Intermediate sill welded in place.jpg
    Intermediate sill welded in place.jpg
    529.3 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
OK Erik, tell us that you fabricated Jets for the Norwegian air force or something like that so the rank and file here don't tear their cars apart thinking we can perform the same operation.... Please!

That IS an interesting view, now that I've torn my rockers apart and am slowly getting it all back together.

I like the approach and I would use it, except my intermediate is already on...perhaps I will use it when I get to the drivers side..!

Back