Just saw this '72 for sale in the Bay Area

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
It amazes me how a car like that can be put on Craigslist with so little regard for presentation. I understand that a serious local buyer would go look at it, but a specialty car like a coupe needs a LOT more marketing/photos/details, especially with the national market. In my opinion of course. 8)

Dan

chicane

Reaction score
dang said:
It amazes me how a car like that can be put on Craigslist with so little regard for presentation. I understand that a serious local buyer would go look at it, but a specialty car like a coupe needs a LOT more marketing/photos/details, especially with the national market. In my opinion of course. 8)

Dan

Maybe he should try eBay... :D

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
acat2002 said:
remarkable resemblance to the chamonix offered by Bimmerbros recently in another thread......

not the same: turbo vs. "dave cruz" engine, wheels, interior, etc.
similar asking prices, though. this one sounds like a fun driver.

pamp

Reaction score
Turdbo

Man, I would love to see a better shot of the engine compartment...you know plumbing etc just fir esses and giggles

pamp

Reaction score
Bimmerbros

In the defence of Evan...My car was listed on e-bay. I was in Honolulu at the time. Got my bid in at the 11th hour... $8900.00 if I recall. Evan came through with the car, picked it up in San Matao. Misrepresented, maybe. $1500.00 later to get it checked and made ready for the road. That would be for brakes, driveline issues, etc. As I made my way up north, in Eureka, CA. Memorial day, I lost an injector tit. Spraying fuel upon the hot exhaust manifold. Crap, imagine my shock!!! Cab ride to the local Auto +$50.00 in tools and 1/4'' fuel line + the help of a young hispanic lad,(to hold up the manifold as I made the shade tree repair) I was on my way in less than 3 hrs. Shit. Then I was shanghai'd at the border for a bogus bill of sale. Car impounded (sic) Another grand here. Word for the wise, if you plan on a US to Canada import, do not lie ! This ain't the CA DMV. There were some bits missing, but Evan came through, and shipped the parts needed toot sweet. In light of the recent posts regarding prices and the huge amounts for the the restoration of simply the shell, I am laughing. The integrity of the body is good. Although I have spent alot of my own hours wrenching on this vehicle, I have to say " who amoung us has X-ray vision" I do not jury rig, but am not against innovation. Hence we are getting close to a "show and shine" and or "parade" vehicle
Evan... thanks, but you ain't no wrench. But a good sales guy.

pj

Reaction score
i have heard about this car and always put it down as an urban legend, I was stopped by a 20 something guy outside my bank and he started asking me wether my car was turbo'd , as his dad had once owned a white twin turbo coupe.
The owner of the shop I go to always talked about a twin turbo coupe ,I just talked to him and sure enough here it is.
This thing must go like the wind , hope they have got a good set of brakes & have reinforced the rear end some. From what I hear it had mad power & Tourqe