Kinda rough 38cm Petri and hub

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
This is a slightly rough but usable Petri wheel and hub. I bought it from a forum member
about a year and a half ago, and since have found a nice 3 spoke Momo that I prefer.

The Good-

This is a real, 38cm Petri wheel. The foam is in good condition, perhaps very good, no flaking or looseness of the rim. The hub is the correct E9 fitment as well.

The Bad-

The plating on the wheel is worn through in a few spots...please look closely at the pics. The bottom spoke was sanded or polished through the outer finish and the copper and steel underneath is exposed. It's worse than it looks in the pictures.

The horn button is not original-I will include two of the repro Momo style that look OK and work fine. (please ignore the third button on the right-that is an old Momo that goes with another hub)

The hub shroud is toast. I have some broken pieces I will include but I'd buy the repro from Coupeguy if I were to keep this.

I suppose it's not my business, but I would prefer someone buy this who will use it and not flip it. I've sold rough parts before very cheap, only to see them resold with fuzzy pics and no disclosure of the issues. No one willing to pay big bucks for a Petri would be happy with this one!

$220 shipped. If you have a cool vintage momo, send me some pics, perhaps we can trade. todd.simpson (at) comcast.net

Attachments

• petri 1.JPG
    petri 1.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 181
  • petri 2.JPG
    petri 2.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 149
  • petri 3.JPG
    petri 3.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 156
  • petri 4.JPG
    petri 4.JPG