Knives Out movie CSi is for sale

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
NMNA $129K asking price. It should be on BAT,
Maybe they could not agree on a reserve. How much value is added because it was featured in a well known film? Beats me. But if Steve McQueen had driven it…

Last edited:

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Didn't it belong to a member here?
Yes it did.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
NMNA $129K asking price. It should be on BAT,
Maybe they could not agree on a reserve. How much value is added because it was featured in a well known film? Beats me. But if Steve McQueen had driven it…

Owner didn’t want to put on BaT. He was considering a seat redo but looks like he moved forward.

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
The seats really need to be restored to get that kind of $$. Does being in a movie make the car more valuable??

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
Perhaps it's just me, but I really can't see spending anywhere near that kind of money on anything sold on FB Marketplace. Not sure why, but I'd never even think of looking there.

Certainly true about the seats. They don't look all that much better than the original ones from my car that were removed owing to their condition.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
The seats are the least thing to be concerned about. I inspected and drove this car at Copley Motor Cars in Mass about 6-8 years ago. After that it was loaned out to the film, and then later sold. There is significant corrosion under the front fenders, which appear original. The car otherwise is lovely and drives beautifully. Even the patina of the seats is kind of nice. It feels "lived in"

There are three cars in this video, and the crusty one is this car. The restored car is my old green one that I sold on BaT, and the original car belongs to @bfeng.

This silver Csi is not a bad car, and might decay less quickly if the new buyer lives in the desert, but it has rust that eventually will need to be addressed.

And it has value, but it is is not $129k. It was for sale back then for 75 ish, which is probably fair today. Unless someone is dying to have an artifact from the movie.

Caveat emptor