Kugelfischer

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
I did a local parts swap and in exchange received a 2002 Tii injection system including the Kugelfischer pump, inlet tubes, air box, injectors and sundry bits.

Any idea what this is worth as I don't need it. I am willing to swap or trade.

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
I see these sets on market in US with $1k price, but I don't think they move well. There is uncertainty in whether pump needs rebuilt which costs more than the equipment...

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm open to offers, it doesn't have to be E9 parts. It can be something really interesting that someone doesn't want or thinks would be a fair trade for a Kugelfischer that they may need for their 2002.

Just as a side note - There's a NOS Porsche Kugelfischer for sale on Ebay for $25,000. No I'm not trying to talk up the value of mine, just thought I'd mention it.

Bear in mind that it won't be inexpensive to freight such a large and heavy package from Australia to where ever.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm open to offers, it doesn't have to be E9 parts. It can be something really interesting that someone doesn't want or thinks would be a fair trade for a Kugelfischer that they may need for their 2002.

Just as a side note - There's a NOS Porsche Kugelfischer for sale on Ebay for $25,000. No I'm not trying to talk up the value of mine, just thought I'd mention it.

Bear in mind that it won't be inexpensive to freight such a large and heavy package from Australia to where ever.

If it's a six cylinder K-Fish pump, $25K is about the going rate for Porsche & BMW. 4 cylinder K-Fish remanufactured pump can be purchased for $2800 or so. Costs at least $1K to have a Tii pump rebuilt here in the U.S.

dascoupeguy

Reaction score
Couple of questions...

Do you know the year or the car these parts came from?

Are the inlet tubes plastic or cast aluminum?

It appears that tii components are the same for all model years (72-74, at least in the US)

But do you know the history of the car? Was it ever raced? There are some modifications that can be done (by experts) that can change the duration and volume of the 'squirt' but usually done by the old school guys at Schnitzer and Alpina.

Might be worth looking into...

DCG

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
For the US tii there was an early KF pump and a later one. Although I've heard rebuilders don't distinguish between them. I'll see if can locate a good link.

waynesie

Reaction score
Great find - but don't get too carried way with its value.

There are differences in the pumps across years, 72-73 different than 74, there may also be a difference between the 72-73 "cone".
Plastic runners in 72, aluminum in 73-74
Different throttle body in 72
They made ~44,000 tii using this fuel injection system.

Used pumps are getting harder to find, but they are available. A complete system on ebay for $1600 or best offer and has been for sale for 6 months as they started at $2500. www.bmw2002faq.com has individual pumps for ~$400 used and complete sets for $800-$1500 in the past. Rebuilding a pump is not a DIY project and costs ~ $1000. Most loose used pumps and systems were removed because they needed to be rebuilt and it was cheaper to convert to carbs or find/buy a new pump.

The $25K pump you found is rare, was used in Porsche race cars (935 and 911 SCRS), is New Old Stock, and has been for sale for a long time.