LA loves E9s

corsachili

Reaction score
So I've been in Santa Monica for a month or so now. I've been flying down on Monday mornings, flying back to Los Gatos Friday evenings. Until this week I'd been driving crappy rental cars.

Last weekend, for a variety of reasons I drove my beloved CSL down. I've been driving it around Santa Monica, and over the past four days have been driving it in to Los Angeles to the Convention Center. Wednesday night I parked it in front of the valet stand at the Marriott. I gave the guy 20 and he left it parked front and center all night long.

As many of you know, LA is a pretty car-centric culture. Since I've been driving this car I've gotten more attention and verbal approvals than I can ever remember getting in Northern California.

The most surprising thing that happened was when a very pretty young blonde yelled, from across the parking lot, "that car is BEAUTIFUL.........is it a 72?"

It's got a cop motor, a four hundred and forty cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks, it was a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. Whaddya say? Is it the new Blues Mobile or what?

Fix the cigarette lighter.......

Back