Leaking sunroof on 73 Bavaria

amg5872

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi, all. I have a '73 Bavaria with manual sunroof. Recently I started finding significant amounts of water collected on the floors inside after heavy rains. It looks like the lining around the roof has disappeared, presumably swallowed up into the roof. Has anyone dealt with this issue? Is this repairable at a reasonable price? Or is it time to seal up the roof? Thanks.

AG

Attachments

• Sunroof.jpg
    Sunroof.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 116

chope97

Reaction score
check drain holes

did you check all the drain holes two front and two rear pour water down front holes and see if it comes out below front fender?

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
New seals for the sunroof aren't too much to replace. More time than money. There are also a couple bushings that get worn that may need replacing and help seat the sunroof better once you get new seals. If you have no choice for parking other than outside, you may want to buy some sort of pop up to park it under as well, it will save the interior at the same time. The manual sunroofs are pretty well designed so you shouldn't have to permanently seal it up, I haven't known anyone to do that after replacing their seals etc.