Learning to use a camera...

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've never been skilled at taking a picture. I joking would say that I'm better off with crayons and cardboard. I bought a new camera with some advice from a friend. No I did t get Fischer Price camera, my last one broke when I was making mud pies in the sandbox.

This was taken at an old abandoned warehouse in Marina, CA

DSC_0086.JPG
DSC_0113.JPG
DSC_0129.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0109.JPG
    DSC_0109.JPG
    433.9 KB · Views: 194

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
wonderful micheal
i sure love the work you did.
fantasti
and good shots too as im a pro photographer
absolutely perfect ride

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Mike -- My mom was a photography nut. I can remember developing pictures with her in the dark room she set up in our basement.

My suggestion would be to spend some time taking black and white pictures. I changes the way you look at photography.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mike, i think you nailed it. the composition is quite good as are the contrasts and focus. one very small nit is the horizon reflection on the side of the car (door) - especially in the last picture. sometimes to get a great picture you have to control the reflection ... i have seen people put up a screen to cure the issue ... a lot of work but it takes the picture to the next level (as your coupe has already done).

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Nice pics.... Whereabouts in Marina? (just curious - I'm from the area... and always looking for interesting locations for pics)

Philippe db

Reaction score
Great Pictures.

Bought my daughter a Canon 750D last year. She already made some very nice shots of the 3.2 Carrera, and this year she promised we would do the E9. Finding a good location is always the hardest part.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I might get flak for saying this but since the digital age of photograph and the hi-tech things cameras can do I think the term "Photographer" has lost it's meaning somewhat. I'm not a Photographer but I like taking photos. I point and shoot and they come pretty darn good as far as quality goes but what makes the photo is the subject and the "eye" the person taking the photo has. Mike, you have a good eye, so in my book you're 90% there. :) I dealt with graphics as part of my job at HP when I worked there in a previous life and I learned pretty quickly that they call it "art" because it's always subjective. I would do some graphics for a product and give marketing three or four versions to choose from. They rarely ever picked the one I liked the best, but eventually I was grateful that they picked one and we moved on.

Point being, I like your photos, and I like the one with all the concrete showing and I can see why others wouldn't like it... we all have different likes.

On a side note, do you have a cover hanging down under the front of the car?

Last edited:

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
I might get flake for saying this but since the digital age of photograph and the hi-tech things cameras can do I think the term "Photographer" has lost it's meaning somewhat. I'm not a Photographer but I like taking photos. I point and shoot and they come pretty darn good as far as quality goes but what makes the photo is the subject and the "eye" the person taking the photo has. Mike, you have a good eye, so in my book you're 90% there. :) I dealt with graphics as part of my job at HP when I worked there in a previous life and I learned pretty quickly that they call it "art" because it's always subjective. I would do some graphics for a product and give marketing three or four versions to choose from. They rarely ever picked the one I liked the best, but eventually I was grateful that they picked one and we moved on.

Point being, I like your photos, and I like the one with all the concrete showing and I can see why others wouldn't like it... we all have different likes.

On a side note, do you have a cover hanging down under the front of the car?

Thanks Dan! The cover is actually the factory deflector or undertray.

ohio2800cs

Site Donor
Reaction score
Beautiful photos of a really sweet looking coupe!

I enjoy taking photos with abandoned buildings as a backdrop. Unfortunately the ones I
have found like yours, needed a lot of clean-up to get rid of broken glass and other debris.

CLE_P1080995a.jpg

pedro

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
nice image ... good care with the reflection on the door + side. i like the building too

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks - good to know.
I'll look for that building when I am down next (prob in July).