leather interior

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
okay guys, this pictures comes from Stanceworks, Jonathan Deleeuw's Malaga 3.0cs. this is a really rich leather, beautiful cigar - tobacco leaf color and looks like a very nice installation. anybody know Jonathan and can find out the info on who did it and what leather they used.

e9 interior - stanceworks.jpg

thanks for the info Mark ... i have sent him a PM + hopefully he can point me in the right direction for my answers

i think it would work with a lot of colors, and i think fjord is one of them. i didn't know when i asked, but this coupe is in new zealand ... so much closer to you than to me. i even think it would look rich in a black or most of the green cars, instead of the 'peanut butter' colors. what i most like about this leather is the sheen / patina ... it looks like a wax finish.

i think it would work with a lot of colors, and i think fjord is one of them. i didn't know when i asked, but this coupe is in new zealand ... so much closer to you than to me. i even think it would look rich in a black or most of the green cars, instead of the 'peanut butter' colors. what i most like about this leather is the sheen / patina ... it looks like a wax finish.

I've said it a bunch but it doesn't hurt to repeat. You always need to take stanceworks photos with a grain of salt. They have a ton of post processing and they are highly stylized. Most of my warnings came in the form of people using Christian Heine's Schwartz e9 as inspiration for a new Schwartz paint job. I have never seen another Schwartz e9 that looks anything like that car.

Hopefully Jonathan will chime in. In the mean time, take a look at this thread for a much more realistic "peanut butter" photo.

https://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threads/some-new-photos-of-my-cs.20393/

qUZRnEwh.jpg

I'll be in Auckland this thurs and the sixth of oct. will have some time to kill on the 6th.
He's 2 hours away I think- maybe he could drop off a sample for you if I buy him lunch?

i know spinneybeck and edelman quite well. the downside of spinneybeck is it generally does not patina ... in the interior design world, we tend to call it 'plastic' leather because of its very uniform color / texture. its also very expensive. the saddle leather is my favorite of theirs as it is soft and more natural of a finish. i have several weekend bags made of the black saddle leather.

edelman is fantastic leather - its generally the most expensive.

if you want to see some interesting leather, look at mooreandgiles.com - i just ordered another 20 samples - all with a wax finish.

very interesting Mark - this shows a total different look ... i like the color look of the stanceworks photo and i have seen tobacco brown interiors in a bavaria before that reminds me of this image.

here's another stanceworks pic of the interior that shoes more of the interesting split finish look. this is something i might look at in my black coupe - black door panels + carpet, tan seats with black back panels. will have to look at where the dividing line is.

e9 interior - split finish.jpg

I've said it a bunch but it doesn't hurt to repeat. You always need to take stanceworks photos with a grain of salt. They have a ton of post processing and they are highly stylized. Most of my warnings came in the form of people using Christian Heine's Schwartz e9 as inspiration for a new Schwartz paint job. I have never seen another Schwartz e9 that looks anything like that car.

Hopefully Jonathan will chime in. In the mean time, take a look at this thread for a much more realistic "peanut butter" photo.

https://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threads/some-new-photos-of-my-cs.20393/

qUZRnEwh.jpg

I parked next to an X5 yesterday. It had a Tobacco leather interior. It looked really sharp, better than the pics online.

Apparently it is called "Tobacco Nevada"

62783987.jpg

Back