Leather Rehab

Ian Larsen

Reaction score
Just picked up a nice set of seats with original correct leather to replace the 1974-style blue velour seats in my 1972 coupe.

Anyone have suggestions for particularly good leather conditioner? These seats are in great shape for being 35 years old, but I want to make sure I keep them that way.

Thanks

P.S. Anyone interested in a very nice set of 1974 (i.e. horizontal pleats and peaked 'batman' style headrest) dark blue velour seats? Located Alexandria, VA.

TILLA

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have used Connolly hide care and it worked well, especially at the top of the rear seats that get a lot of sun. Connolly Leather was used in Rolls Royce and Jaguars, so they probably know their stuff.

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Leather conditioner that works--

especially well for me--made in Germany is Gliptone--a product I found a few years ago and have used since--threw away all the other stuff--check online--if in US the Distributor is an East Coast outfit--quart container will last for years--works nicely in most temperatures unlike some others--and best feature IMO--it re-introduces the leather fragrance to the leather--BLUMAX really likes it!!